Jumper

Ayanokouji Pov

"Huh?!" Surprised at my actions, Ichinose looked directly into my eyes.

Cloudy blue eyes that are usually brimming with determined passion but are instead filled with defeat met with my golden eyes.

Droplets of rain fell from her hair tumbling down her face as I placed my palm on her quivering cold cheek warming her up and comforting her.

"Ayanokouji?" Letting out a soft whisper she leaned into my palm, like a cub seeking warmth from its mother, letting out a small smile causing my stomach to tingle slightly.

"You think you are weak because your class has been demoted right?" Widening her eyes confirming my suspicions Ichinose nodded her head.

Ichinose is a strong person but she has her limits and after such a one sided defeat I expected her to be disheartened but not this much.

Tucking away the loose strands of hair that covered her beautiful face revealing Ichinose I know.

Fragile and vulnerable, someone who takes on other peoples problems just because it is the right thing to do. A girl who places others before her just like she almost did with Nagumo.

"You aren't useless and your ambition isn't stupid, infact your class' unity is unrivalled and that's all you however maybe you aren't meant to lead, maybe Kanzaki is and you are meant to be there to help and guide him"

Although true that Ichinose isn't fit to lead her class she is still a good leader due to her amazing people skills which allows her to freely speak with Sakura and her senpais.

Seeing the best in people and bringing them together without making people feel uncomfortable.

Good deductive skills (vol 4 Ichinose) and willingness to put others first.

These are what make Ichinose a good leader but sadly these aren't helpful for our school which wants you to bend the rules of using underhanded tactics to obtain victory instead of sticking to the straight and narrow like Ichinose.

"B-But—" Perhaps refusing to accept my praise or evaluation of her, Ichinose tried to refute.

Silenced by my thumb which traced her pink trembling lip gently caressing it calming her down.

"You are a brilliant person, a very strong bright person don't let this get to you and continue to power forward and if you can't be leader talk to your classmates and if you feel pressure then you can come to me"

Without thinking I spoke these words to Ichinose offering my shoulder to cry on and telling my honest opinion of her.

Shocked by my words Ichinose buried her face in my chest gripping my shirt in her fists, sobs could be heard and her wet tears and hair soaked through my shirt.

Looking down at Ichinose as she wept into my chest wearing my jumper which clearly doesn't fit her I felt the tingling in my chest grow stronger at seeing how beautiful she looked.

To an outsider we must look like really close friends or a couple but thankfully it is just us two alone with Ichinose seeking comfort in my presence.