New School Year

A pair of soft translucent blue eyes slowly fluttered open as the sound of an alarm disturbed the silent dorm room bathed in sunlight.

Climbing out of bed and shutting off the alarm before stretching while letting out a cute yawn, Ichinose, still wrapped in the fuzzy warmth of yesterday, smiled and started to hum a soft melody while getting ready for the day.

Yesterday she made even more friends and made another unforgettable memory which she would remember every time she looked at the black dress hanging in her closet.

Moving on to different melodies as she ate breakfast, showered, and got changed into her uniform, Ichinose put the final untouched notebook into her bag heading out of her dorm.

Greeting the other students on her floor as they too emerged from their dorms and walked towards the elevator, Ichinose's happy and bright atmosphere wasn't what you would expect of a class leader who had constantly faced defeat with the sole exception being the Sports Festival where they were practically handed the victory.

For people who didn't know Ichinose well they would probably think that she is wrapped up in naive optimism or trying to put the past year behind her like saying, "New Year. New me".

However she wasn't. Ichinose was just determined because she knew what she needed to do to help her class. To improve herself.

Still humming some of the songs she and her friends had sung yesterday, Ichinose rode the elevator down to the lobby.

"Ah, Honami-chan. Good morning!"

"Morning Honami-san. Looking forward to greeting the new first years?"

Two out of the four friends she had agreed to walk to school with the night prior, Shirinami Chihiro and Hamaguchi Tetsuya, greeted her with bright smiles of their own.

"Good morning! Chihrio-chan, Tetsuya-kun" Ichinose said walking off to the side of the lobby where they were standing. "Yeah I am looking forward to greeting them all, I mean I wonder what they'll be like?"

Due to being a member of the Student Council Ichinose would have to be present at the entrance ceremony for the new batch of first years.

"Though it does make my schedule a bit hectic"

"I bet, not only do you have the Council stuff to deal with, you're also the class rep" Hamaguchi said scratching the back of his neck, the thought of all that work sounded far too stressful to him.

"But that's what makes Honami-chan so great. The fact she does all that work and doesn't even complain"

"Thanks Chihrio-chan"

"Shibata-kun, over here!" Having spotted the rather flustered boy coming out of the elevator, Hamaguchi called him over.

"Sorry I'm late, my morning exercise ran over a little and then I took to long--"

"Don't worry about it, we agreed to meet up early so Honami-san could drop off her bag before going to do her duties" Hamaguchi paused taking a look at the screen which showed the inside of the elevator before continuing, "Besides Amikura-san isn't even here yet"

"Really? She's slept in and will be the last one to arrive after berating me about the exact same thing yesterday" The group just chuckled as Shibata shook his head in disbelief.

"Well while we wait, how was training Shibata-kun?"

"Oh, are you interested in joining me sometime?" Shibata asked, flashing a toothy grin as his passion for sport and exercise in general leaked out.

Shibata was definitely the most athletic in class C and was a reasonable contender for most athletic in their year with only Sudo being the other. Though there are also people like Kouenji who can't be ranked yet.