Chapter -6 -The chief guest Arrives

Manyabhum -The Royal Palace

When Kabir , along with Salya, and the other royal  members of the kingdom,reached  the main gate, to entertain Vansh, They  were actually, confused . They never expected a king like him ,  could make a such a  casual appearance, without any prior intimation and grandeur .
"We never expected you Yuvraj...Like this...Kabir stammered a little.
"You mean alone? on a horse back? In an attire of an warrior"?Vansh,arched his brow,to confirm his statement.
"I presume, My appearance didnt please you.You are rather shocked". He smiled bemusingly.
"Oh Certainty not "! You are warmly welcomed to Manyaabhum".Kabir streched his arms,  to hug him.
When Vansh settled down into his room, after a clean and soothing bath. He was impressed,with the spacious, and well furnished room. Decked up with marble pillars,black velvet curtains, a king size bed in the middle, it was one of the finest rooms of the palace. Vansh glanced at the side table, and realized, he was famished. There was a big bowl consists of different fruits, Mango of different breed, jackfruit,Plums, Sugarcane and others.
"These seems sumptuous ",said he,and before any maid or servant attended him,Vansh,gobbled up all,and in no time was engulfed by sleep.

Princess Ragini "s Room
Riddhima was reciting Malvikagnimitram  to Ragini, and she was at awe, deeply engaged in the lovestory.  It was a we time for Ragini and Riddhima,when they reads such stories,sings and practices dance. Basantsena,Meghdutam,Malvikagnimitram were   favorites of Ragini,which she always want to enjoy,when her best friend reads and explain it to her.

"I Presume,I have not disturbed you two lovelies," The moment they,heard her voice,both Riddhima and Ragini 's mood went off guard. There she was- Mandakini, with her lasvicious grin, and irritating  appearance. " I beg your apology,my princess, to spoil your privacy,but the news was too exciting to share", I could'nt stop myself. "Mandakini lifted her  chin, and pecked it.

"With whose permission you had enter to my room and What news you were talking about?" Ragini shot a sharp glare at her. Mandakini,successfully hid her annyonance, in the glint of her eyes and said " When the king is mine...do you really think,I need any other one to obey?" Ragini 's cheek flushed as red as a beetroot , with embarrassment,when she,  uttered those word.

"What do you want?"she spat at her. and what are these, she pointed  out at a big golden plate,that was covered with a cover,made of red silk.
"This is your Shagun'' and I had  come here to tell you,that you are getting married to the crown prince of Udaykhetra "-Vansh Rai Singhania.
Mandakini lifted the cover, and the golden plate was consisted of  beautiful sarees, jewelry,fruits, beetle leaf,sindoor,kumkum, alta, and others.

That she was shocked, was an understatememt. Ragini 's head was spinning. She looked at Riddhima,helplessly.
Mandakini smiled and replied,
"The king  had arrived, and he had been resting in our royal guest house, The royal astrologer,would come tomorrow,to fix the date.Is'nt that great?"
.Althrough, when she was,talking with her,she was scanning Riddhima,  the woman,who had loathed the most, the reason of which was till unknown to her,But she was sure the feeling was mutual.
Ragini was paranoid. She plopped down on her couch,and was about to burst into tears. Riddhima,immediately, managed the situation, and peteneded to be happy, "Its an wonderful news,but I think,it was too sudden for our Rajkumari, I,on her behalf, is accepting the Shagun, and I would appreciate if you would leave us alone". Mandakini,shot a deadly glare to her,and left.
The sooner she had departed, Ragini,burst out in tears.
'I will marry none...Pls take me to Dhruva, Riddima! Why Bhratashri is doing this to me. Pls stop him...You know right...I cannot leave without  him...Pls take me to Dhruva.".
Riddhima hugged her immediately  and murmured -"Shh! Shh! No! Pls calm down! Rajkumari...pls! We cannot afford to go to Dhruva, at this hour...pls dont cry like this,  If you would cry like this,Mandakini,would know everything. "
"Now what shall we do Riddhima", asked a totally paranoid and broken Ragini.
"Let me think....and let me atleast meet had some information about the King".
You know right,if I had promise you something,i would fulfill it surely ".

" Why are you stopping me to talk with Bhratashree Riddhima , If I would explain him , my situation, I hope he would understand. He is my elder brother Riddhima" !Ragini , stood up adamently , and tried to go to her brother . Riddhama , stopped her , and made her sit on the couch. She wiped her tears and said -

"He is not only your brother
.,but also the ruler of this province. We cannot take hasty decision,like this, It would make things more complicated .Pls trust  me.
Ragini , not knowing actually,what she should do , put her chest on Riddhima's bossom closed her eyes in exhaust. Only thing she had known that She would rather succumb to death than to accept someone else as her life partner .
Riddhima made her lie down on the bedsheet ,and tucked a cover on her body . She said -"Pls try to sleep and stop worrying,  I would handle everything.
When she was about to leave , Brijbasini ,entered ,
"The king had bestowed all the responsibilities of lunch and dinner , of the crown prince to you". A faint crooked smile was ,playing in her lips ,as she was happy to see the chief chaperon,to be demoted as the royal cook. Riddhima , smiled back and nodded her head . She knew well,it was just an another vile plan , of Mandakini,to insult her and might be a chance to keep her busy ,so that she could gather information,of the secret she and Ragini was sharing .  Ragini , Riddhima , furrowed her brow, is vulnerable now , and a cunning woman , like Mandakini,would definitely try to take the advantage of it .
She smiled inwardly
"You think , yourself very clever ...But I would never let you harm my princess and spoil her happiness. I would rather took this opportunity to to negotiate the problem with the crown prince .

Shagun - Gifts and Blessings, given to a would - be- Bride, usually by her in-laws
Sindoor-Vermillion

Kumkum- A special red iquid by which a bride "s forhead can be painted with round designs.

Alta -Red lac dye used to paint a woman"s foot.

Malvikagnimitram -Kalidas
Basantsena (Mrichakhattik)-Visakh Dutta
Meghdutam- Kalidaas
To know more contact GoogleRaisinghania 😆😆
Three of these lovestories were popular in history.

Precap -Vansh, is impressed with Riddhima's cooking. Vansh and Riddhima had a thoughtful  conversation.

Finally I have written an another chapter, of  King's wife. What u think,will happen in future??😜😜

I am extremely, happy and feeling honored, that my friends are taking initiative,to make book covers for my story.
This beautiful book cover is made Aksharthiand i 💗💗💗❤It.
Pls vote and comment.
Inline comments will boost me up.
I will try to update a new chapter on Monday.