Chapter -7- Behind the Curtains

Kabirvadra's guest chamber -

"Before our marriage got fixed I would like to have a word with your sister. Kabir was astonished and choked in his alcohol , when Vansh put forth his demand.

"I beg your apology Yuvraj, but this is against our protocol. Women , who belong to the Royal families, practices the the custom of  Purdah  here. You cannot meet her, or see her face, before marriage.Vansh arched his brow and smirked -"In my world , I don't follow any rules and protocols, For me I am the protocol and I , am the last word to be abided by ".
Kabir looked at him with widened eyes . The man sitting, infront of him , is shameless and obnoxious, He would have chopped off his head , if he would have been someone else .But Kabir was well aware, that Vansh was far more powerful than him,and now , He getting married to Ragini is the hour of the need
"I think that can be managed, interrupted Salya, Yuvraj , can have a conversation with our Rajkumari.... without seeing her . Maharaj, Salya looked at Kabir and said "Why don't we arrange a royal luncheon, on behalf of Rajkumari Ragini , and the conversation shall take place behind the curtains. Its not necessary to see her face while talking ".

  Vansh looked at Salya , and smiled , He was impressed at his prudence.
'There should be no one at that time , Maharaj KabirBhadra, I want to talk to your sister alone . She must know me , so do I , I am not a person ,who would impose himself on someone."

Ragini 's Bedchamber

This is the only opportunity we have , said Ragini, while pacing back and forth , in her room. We shall tell Yuvraj , about my relationship with Dhruva. It seems he would understand and broke the alliance. Riddhima , made Ragini sit , and untagled her wet hair , slowly. She said -
"Yes ,You are right , I heard that Yuvraj ,had given strict instructions,that there would be no one in the vicinity, except you and him.
Ragini stood up and made Riddhima, sit  near the dresser , and muttered -"It would be You , who would go instead of me. The man seems sensible and wise , Would it not be better , a like-minded person like you  ,would explain him the situation?
"But Rajkumari....Riddhima tried to protest , "How can I go, you are supposed to be his bethroted . It will be wrong .
Ragini smiled and said - "You ,there , should represent yourselves,as Rajkumari Ragini ,not Riddhama.  I don't have the courage Riddhima ,to face him and tell him the truth . Would you not do it for me ? It's only you , whom I could trust.
Riddhima looked on at her mistress . She was her bestfriend. But this was just a facade ,the reality was ,that she was her mistress, and Riddhama was just a chaperon.She sighed and recalled, How and why , she was indebted to all her just and unjust demand s. She , was not a person ,who would easily bow down to something unfair. But Ragini had a different place in her heart .  All her rationale and practicality,  gets washed away , when she saw , the crying face of this motherless girl .
"I will go " . replied she .
"Riddhama,I don't want to put you in trouble, but I really need your help I have no issue to admit it that . You are far more strong and intelligent, even if you don't belong to the royals, I can  trust only you .

They both hugged each other.  An hour later , Riddhima was transformed to a beautiful maiden , with all the royal clothes  and jewelries . She was  now ready , to go to meet Vansh , aided by Brijbasini and Ratnabali .

Mandakini's room

"Rudra , As Mandakini, served cavier  , and potato fingers,
to his brother , in her room ,commanded him,
"I want you to keep an eye on Ragini , a far . I think there is something secret brewing , between her and that Chaperon . I want  every tiny detail, of the things happening during the  luncheon .
"Your wish is my command , Didi , Rudra ,,finished his food , and took her leave . He didn't forget ,the insult ,he had to face, in the hands of Riddhama. He was frantically looking for a chance to teach her a lesson, and His inner crooked soul was signalling him, that this luncheon, could bring the opportunity to him.