Chapter-9-The Final Call

Manyabhum-
The ritual of Dadhi Mangal started with the breaking of the dawn in the royal  patio.Radha,who was one of the oldest employee,.and the current in charge of the royal kitchen,was pouring sour card, into a silver vessel. Maina, who was the newly recruit,was grinding sugar into refine powder to mix that in the curd. Cashews,saffron and flattened rice was added into the curd. Riddhima fed Rani her favorite Kabuturi, and entered into Ragini's room.
"How can he not get the letter ". murmured she.Had he known the situation,the preparations that is going on now would not have happening  so smoothly.

She was sanguine that the letter either did not reach to the prince and got misplaced, or the prince must have denied the plea.
Ragini was freshly bathed, and dolled up with  a beautiful  white saree and backless choli and minimal make up, her  face was dull and  expressionless.She was sitting lifeless in the mattress, slient tears were flowing like river stream from her eyes. Her vision was glassy,her mind was numb, her life was turned totally upside down.

"The Dadhi mangal is ready. Maharaj Kabir vadra had arrived at the patio for the ritual,informed Brijabasini, as she entered into the room to take Ragini for the ritual "

"Brij! Riddhima stopped her. "Was it not you who served the lunch to the crown prince Yesterday?"

Riddhima pointed out.
"Jii ". Brijbasini was a woman of few words.
"Have you served  each and every item properly?" Brijbasini looked at Riddhima, as her tone  was laced with doubt and suspicion.
"I served each and every item, and I was althrough there behind the curtain, to look after the nitty gritty as per as your instructions."
Maharaj liked the fish curry,and he appreciated it, added Brijbasini.
"He liked the fish curry? " Riddhima reconfirmed the statement.
"Yes ". asserted Brijbasini.
"Then how come he did not come across the letter".murmured Riddhima.

Brijbasini you can go Rajkumari will soon be coming to perform the ritual ".

As Brijbasini went away, Ragini replied her chaperon"s question,

He did not, because he couldn't accept that I reject him and choose a petty commoner according to him, a scluptor, as the love of my life". yelled Ragini, as she stood up in frustration.

What Ragini said could be true. Males, Riddhima believed, that too the royal ones were egoistic enough to accept defeat in matters of women. But Vansh never seemed that vile to her. She find him a little obnoxious,flirtitious,but not egoistic and insensitive who will not judge the gravity of the situation. But if now she would defend  the crown prince,Ragini will not take it lightly. There must have been any miscommunication.
"What we should now Riddhu ".Ragini plopped in the mattress with great despair.
"I will not perform any rituals,for that vile lecharous evil king.Knowing well I have emotions for someone else, he agreed to marry me, He is such a heartless,whined Ragini.
"I am going to tell everything to Bhratashri, and today you dare not stop me", pointed she.
Ragini stood up and geared  up to go outside to meet and tell everything to Kabir.
"He will kill Dhruva,upon knowing the truth"revealed Riddhima,.with a gritted teeth. She was equally frustrated with the naivity  of her mistress.
" What? Ragini spun around and yelled...."What are you saying! Are you mad!!
How can he do that....He is my brother. He loves me the most.
"He loves his reputation and his royal image the most, He is not only your elder  brother, he is the ruler of Manyabhum as well. A man with such authority,will never accept this alliance,  He will never accept a lowly birth as your husband ".pointed Riddhima.
"How dare you say that?" Ragini 's eyes got reddish, as she clenched her jaws and tightly grip Riddhima 's shoulder, digging her nails to her skin.
"I am sadly revealing the truth Rajkumari,  I dare not offend Dhruva, he is like an elder brother to me, but what I said just now is fact."