Chapter -23 - Play or a Ploy?.

Mohini "s bedchamber

The special dinner-

When Vansh entered Mohini 's room. He was impressed. Mohini was looking ravishing, in a royal blue corset studded with pearl,emerald and silver. It was paired with a heavy silky emerald green skirt,along with a shimmery long veil attached to her slender waist and curves.

She adorned herself with jewelry of emerald and diamonds, a perfect match with her dress.

She was looking no less than a princess.

Her eyes were looking smoky, due to the kohl she had applied.

"You are looking beautiful Mohini, ''

Vansh appreciated her.

"Thank You Rajasaye.''She smiled.

It's an honour to serve you. I am so happy you granted my invitation and visit my place
"Pls have a seat. "

Vansh was looking around.

He was pleased to see the arrangement.

Mohini had changed the decor of the room. The walls and the door frames were garlanded with strings of Dalia, Chrysanthemum, and white roses. The palatial casements of the room were wrapped in fine white silk curtains.

Even the mattress that was laid was white. He could smell the soothing aroma of sandalwood and camphor. The dinner invitation she has planned, was really special

"A chess board that was made of white marble, was placed in the middle. The board pieces were new. They were made of black and white ivory stone respectively.

"This arrangement that you made is splendid." Am I forgetting something? Is there anything special today?"

He asked, as he stretched his body on the mattress.

"With you Rajasaye...Everyday is special. It's been a long time. We didn't have a competition. I just wanted to make the things special. I wanted to celebrate our partnership. I hope you liked it."

replied Mohini humbly.

"I liked it indeed''.

said Vansh and focused on the game.

It was yesterday morning, that Mohini sent him a letter, where she apologized for her previous behavior, and requested him to pay a visit to her room, for a fun chess competition, along with a luncheon. This was not a new thing for them. Rather there was more. He used to take her for hunting. They also used to enjoy picnics in the woods,located in the threshold of the village. Sex and Chess, used to be the chief attraction of it.

Mohini was intelligent, smart and fun to be around, when he was a bachelor. Vansh prefers someone with a substance,rather than those who will fulfill his carnal needs.

Lots has happened, in the past few days,in his personal life. Now he really needed his brain to be refreshed.

Vansh took a chess pawn in his hand, and sank into deep thought.

"Its been almost more than 4 days,Riddhima had challenged her to stop him. And indeed, He sighed, she had been successful. He,frankly,is not a person who will wage war against some Kingdom. Like his father, he too believed, A king should only wage a war, when there is a necessity. Vansh, though a Warrior prince,never nurtured the idea of Violence and bloodshed. He had heard about Lord Buddha and he was interested to visit one of his shrines to know more about the Religious Cult that was emerging in regions like Bengal and other North Indian states. He knew for sure, Riddhima had no ulterior motive to harm him, She was just protecting somebody and indeed the person was close to her heart. He sighed and glanced at the window again. He really hoped that, He would not have to take the stern measure of waging a war. He dearly wanted Riddhima to confess everything. If she would not, He would have to take her life, no matter how lovely, pretty and affable she is. Vansh 's heart panged with an unleashed pain, He is the ruler of this kingdom. He can't roam around as a love-sucking soul. To him, everyone, even if she is his wife, is equal to him.