Chapter 2-1

-Ten Years After Sumeragi's Death-

It is a sunny day in Hoshido, it will soon be summer and butterflies can be seen wandering around the many flowers scattered between the trees.

In this forest, a merchant's cart travels slowly in the direction of the country's capital.

Two hooded figures accompany the owner, the smallest one sitting on a big crate and the tallest laying down in the middle of the numerous furnitures, his bag used as a support for his white haired head.

"Two more days and we will reach our destination." The feminine voice of the sitting figure rings between the chirps of the birds. "You must be excited." Her golden eyes rest on her companion.

The hood resting on the boy's eyes moves as he turns his head with a 'hum', his left ears shining under the sun. "You can say that." He exhales "And you? How do you feel about travelling across half the country?"

The girl looks at sparrows flying from tree to tree. "I travelled longer distances before."

"Really?" He smiles, revealing his fangs. "You never told me."

She huffs, crossing her dangling legs. "You never asked."

His smile widens. "True, true." He puts his hands under his head and sighs. "Were did you go? Apart from, what was it, Japan?"

"I went to another country called France for about half a year." She puts her hands on the crate to support her body as she looks up at the sky. "It is like... I don't know... like Nohr, but brighter and cleaner."

"You mean that it is sunny?" He raises an eyebrow.

The yellow eyed girl thinks for a moment. "You would not understand."

"Alright, any other places?" He closes his eyes.

"No." The answer is curt.

The young man sighs again. "Alright..." He repeats as he falls asleep.

The smaller individual hums with a frown as the chariot continues on its way toward the capital.

-That Day-

-Castle Shirasagi-

It has been two weeks since Corrin has met her real family.

Thinking about it makes her feel strange, à part of herself tells her that Xander and the other nohrian royals are her real family.

She sighs while watching the maids hanging out the laundry as she thinks about her situation.

Why do people not hate her?

Her biological mother is the queen of Hoshido, but in all of her remembered life, she was, no, she is nohrian.

The red eyed girl has heard the horrendous stories about her nohrian siblings that circulate in the castle

That is why the albino wants to ask her hoshidan siblings about it.

But... what if they get mad?

Corrin is having so much fun here, and the hoshidan royal family has been nothing but nice with her.

Except Takumi unfortunately.

Her grey haired little brother has been nothing but a prick to her, always criticizing her manners and fighting style.

As the princess pouts, her big brother puts a hand on her shoulder. "Here you are."

She turns around to see the genuine smile on Ryoma's face, the heir to the throne towering over her. "Do you need anything?"