Chapter 18

-Kotai and Kamui's house-

-Narrator-

After closing the door, Kamui plops down on the armchair as Kotai sits on his bed. She sighs and does not want to take off her armor, she is too lazy right now. Blood is dripping from her hand but she will clean the floor later, better not to think about it.

She closes her eyes as she thinks, how could she gain back the villager trust? Because with her little stunt, they certainly assume that she is a Nohrian spy.

How troublesome, being accused of something you were not even aware of its existence a month ago.

"Onee-chan?" The boy looks at her worriedly.

The knight only hums in response.

"Where were you?" He says, focusing on her injury.

She opens one eye. "Killing facelesses." She states.

The albino frowns. "What is a faceless?"

"It is a big humanoid monster with green skin and chains in his hands." The armored girl tries to describe simply.

Kotai puts his hand under his chin. "What does 'humanoid' means?"

Kamui raises an eyebrow but keeps one eye shut. "It means it has a human like shape, two arms, walk on two legs. This kind of stuff."

The boy nods at that and then stays silent.

-Mitsue's House-

Yua is sitting across her eldest son and is frowning at him.

"What?" He crosses his arms in indignation.

His mother's frown deepens. "I do not remember raising an asshole."

"*gasp* Mom said a bad word." "*gasp* Mommy said a swear word." Both twins are peaking from the door of their room and a glare from their mother makes them close the door quickly.

Mitsue frowns back. "I did what was necessary."

"By badmouthing someone who potentially protected us from facelesses?" She raises an eyebrow.

The man flinches. "There is no proof of her doing so."

"And there is no proof of her doing anything else." Yua states, showing the limit of his way of thinking.

He flinches again before shouting. "She wears Nohrian armor!"

"You never saw a nohrian soldier in your whole life! How do you know it is Nohrian?" She yells back at him.

"She wears heavy plate armor Mom! She could be here only to kill all of us!" He stands up.

His mother mimics him. "How can she when the Queen is protecting us with a magical barrier!"

Mitsue's eyes widen before he sits back down. "Oh..."

"Oh, indeed." Yua, still angry, sits back down. "Now you will apologies for your behavior young man." She demands.

He reluctantly stands up and makes his way to the door.

"And take this." He turns around just in time to catch what his mother threw at him. "You will help her heal her wounds or I kick you out." She gestures to the door.

Mitsue sighs before closing the door and making his way toward his fellow huntress' house. He knocks on the door and wait a moment before the door is opened by Kamui's little brother.

"Yes?" The albino asks suspiciously.

The young man shows the first aid kit his mother gave him.