Chapter 2-7

"Don't want to sit down?" Kamui offers to Hana.

The samurai nods thankfully as she takes a seat in the grass.

Kamui relaxes on her elbows. "Uh... nice katana." She tries to make small talk. "Tho it has some imperfections."

Hana looks confused. "How could you know?"

The blonde stares right into her eyes, her golden eyes quite mesmerizing. "Some call me the blade whisperer." She then smirks. "I do not really have a conversation with swords, but I will not refute them."

"That does not answer the question." The brunette crosses her arms.

Kamui looks confused herself. "I thought it was quite clear that I am a spellblade."

Hana's frowns deepens.

"I am a melee fighter who does not have any problem in using various kinds of magecraft." She explains, a hand on her chin. "They are mostly destructive spells, however."

The retainer nods. "Would a grimoire not be too bothersome in close-quarter combat?"

"That is if you need a grimoire." She shows her arm, turquoise lines littered on her skin. "You can touch if you want."

Hana extends her hand, a surprised expression on her face. "It... It feels too tough to be called skin." She exclaims as she grips the arms as tight as she can, the skin not even turning white. "I suppose it is one of your tribe's specialties."

Kamui hums blankly. "I guess it is only Kotai and mine specialty now." But before Hana can say anything, the blonde continues. "Now that I think about it, I think that I qualify as an illegal immigrant. How do you get naturalized here?"

Hana's confusion had never been so high. "Wha-"

"Where is Lady Sakura?" Subaki appears from behind them, cutting Hana's thoughts off.

Kamui answers. "She is spending quality time with her brother. I would advise you to leave them alone." 

He glances at Hana who shakes her head solemnly.

As he takes a seat next to his comrade, Hana turns to Kamui, a hand on her heart. "Kamui... I hope you will not find me rude for asking, but would you care to have a spar with me? When you feel you have fully recuperated of course."

"What about this evening?" Hana looks at her with wide-open eyes. "My only condition is that I do not want to end with an audience." The spellblade sighs.

The samurai calms herself. "I would not mind, I will come to find you when everything is ready." 

"But are there any special rules?" Kamui raises an eyebrow. "Like, you know. Will we use real weapons or mock-up ones? Will armor be allowed? Any forbidden moves?"

Subaki intervenes. "I believe you should use training swords. While it is possible to train with the sharp weaponry, we should not play around when the enemy could try another attack."

Kamui nods. "Understood. I promise not to use any low-blow."

"The deal is sealed." Hana extends her hand.

The blonde shakes it. "Don't regret it."

...

"Could one of you please help me find the kitchen?" She sits up.

Hana mirrors her action. "We should wait for Kotai and Lady Sakura."

Kamui looks unimpressed. "With how deep the pinkette is sleeping, you can wait."

"How do you know that?" Subaki frowns.

"Do you really think strengthening my skin is the only aptitude I have?" She turns to the pegasus knight. "Can you lend me your shoulder, please?"