Chapter 2-8

Wings of Black over a sea of grey.

Emerald eyes shining with the orange sky. 

And the IQ of an 8 years old.

The beast flies at unrecorded speed toward its goal.

Feeling that it is closer than it thought, the monster roars in excitement.

The locals below shuddering in fear under the deafening cry.

------

Hana opens her eyes slowly, the setting sun casting a warm light on her face.

Her eyes meet the golden orbs of Kamui.

No, after closer inspection, they appear more like a very light orange.

The spellblade looks back with a small, smug smile, her eyes nothing but calm. "Sleeping beauty finally woke up."

Hana does not understand the reference and blushes. "W-why are we in such a set up?" She coughs in her fist, regretting the action right when her jaw starts to hurt.

Indeed, Kamui's hand are currently on both sides of her head, maintaining it on her lap.

Kamui sighs with a small smile. "I might have almost broken your jaw in half. I need to make sure you don't have a concussion."

"How?" Hana doesn't remember what happened.

"Alright, you definitely have a concussion." The blonde closes her eyes thinking. "If you still feel the symptoms after Sakura heals you again, you will have to rest."

"But what happened?" The samurai asks again.

Kamui closes her eyes. "We did our little spar as you asked, no magic, no real weapons. Then I won with a heavy blow under your jaw."

"With a training sword!?" Anna asks in disbelief.

"With my foot." Kamui corrects.

They stay in silence, Hana knowing that moving is not the wisest of choices when you are wounded.

Kamui opens her eyes slightly. "I think we should take you to Sakura, it is going to rain soon anyway."

Hana wonders how she could know as the spellblade helps her get back on her feet.

"I don't know the way, however." Kamui admits.

Hana just sighs.

------

"I feel like I am going to be scolded by the principal..." Kamui mutters next to Kotai.

The latter looks at her quizzicaly. "Who and why?"

Kamui huffs, amused. "The way the hallway is organized reminds me of the front of my school's headmaster's office."

The albino smiles. "I have never been to school so I cannot share your concerns."

"You are going at it again?" Kamui raises an eyebrow. "You really wanted to go to one of those schools under the temple's juridiction?"

Kotai waves his hands. "Oh no no no! Almost everyone I met coming out of those schools were quite... lacking."

Of course, Kotai has learned under Kamui's wing and as such, has had access to modern high school's knowledge.