Chapter 22

-Emiya Household 2.0-

-Narrator-

After eating dinner, Kamui goes back to sewing, still refusing the help of her guests while Kotai plays with Poussière the hedgehog.

Everything is calm.

*knock* *knock*

Nevermind, someone is at the door.

The knight sighs and stand up before making her way toward the door.

*knock* *knock*

She opens it with a frown, irked by the visitor's impatience. "What?"

Mitsue flinches at her words. "Emiya, I wanted to ask you if you would like to come with us in town to sell the leftovers from our hunting session tomorrow."

"You only ask me that now?" The petite girl pinches the bridge of her nose.

The young man rubs the back of his head with a nervous chuckle. "Well... I wanted to tell you but today was quite an eventful day." And then he frowns before adding. "And I am not the one who pouted for half a day."

Kamui glares at him. "What was that?"

"Nothing!" He puts his hands in surrender before asking again. "So... What will you do?"

The blonde girl thinks for a moment. "If I go, does it mean you will have to stay here?"

Mitsue flinches. "You are so mean."

She looks at him with a blank look. "Will you answer my question?"

He sighs. "No, this week is a special occasion, so every hunter is allowed to come."

The knight leans on the doorway. "Oh? And what is this 'special occasion'?"

"You may know that the cherry blossom trees have bloomed." The dark red haired declares.

Kamui nods. "So it is Hanami."

"Exactly." He nods back.

The girl looks inside the house. "I suppose I need to leave Kotai here?" She sighs before looking back at him. "See you tomorrow." She closes the door.

"Ok." Mitsue is not surprised anymore, but he is happy to be able to see the cherry blossom tree festival with the knight tomorrow.

Maiko approaches her host. "Who was it?"

"Mitsue." Kamui sits down and resumes her work.

"And what does this idiot wants?" The brunette frowns, from what she understood when listening to Kotai, he had upset the blonde girl.

Said girl raises an eyebrow. "I will have to go to town tomorrow to sell the hunting leftovers." She turns toward the albino who fell asleep with the hedgehog lying down on the boy's belly. "I will leave Kotai in your care for the next four days." The knight lets a small smile escape at the sight.

Atsuko joins in from across the table. "It is the Hanami festival, the sakura trees are blooming." She says with a smile and a dreaming look.

Kamui stands up and takes her work where the futon and the bed are, she unfold her work and reveals a futon big enough for two people. "Here, you can take this one now."

Maiko looks at the patchworked futon. "So it was just a really big futon?" She says a little bit disappointed.

"Yes." The knight acquiesces, she could have finished it way earlier but it gave her an excuse not to speak with the mikos. "Now go to bed."