Chapter 22

I didn't really think losing my virginity was that big of a deal, I mean everyone has to lose it eventually. But as Darleen and I walked into school the next morning I could have sworn everyone was looking at us. Like they all somehow knew. I felt subconscious.

One thing I didn't expect to change so quickly is that being around Darleen felt a lot more comfortable now. I've always felt more than a little subconscious around Darleen, but now that's not the issue at all. Now the only reason I feel subconscious is that I can feel people staring at me and judging me. Not because I am trying to impress Darleen.

I guess we have seen each other naked and had our first real argument. So it only makes sense that we were more comfortable around each other now. It's strange to say but, I actually feel like Darleen is my girlfriend now, and not just some girl I want to like me. Trust me, there is a difference.

Darleen led me over to our usual table before she left to grab me food.

Jade sat across from me and Wini sat on one side of her. Demarcus sat next to Wini. There was an empty seat where Archer usually sits. Looking at Jade staring at me I was reminded that the last time we saw each other wasn't on good terms. I still don't understand what all of that was about. I eyed her. I fully expected the silent treatment.

"Hey," Jade forces a smile.

"Hi," I said just as awkwardly.

So I guess she's over it. Hopefully. I don't really feel like addressing it anyways.

"Where were you yesterday?" She asks.

"Oh uh, um... I was with Darleen."

"You two skipped together? No fair, where was my invite?" Demarcus pouts.

Wini giggled.

"I bet your mom grounded you," Jade smirked.

"No. Darleen talked her out of it." I smiled just thinking about it.

"What are we talking about?" Darleen came back.

"How awesome you are." I kiss her on the cheek.

"In that case, keep talking." She flirted.

I playfully smacked her shoulder.

"So where did you two even skip away to?" Wini asked.

"My beach house," Darleen shrugged, easily jumping into the conversation.

"You have a beach house?" Demarcus eyed her.

"It's a family beach house, but it's my favorite one out of the ones we own. So I like to call it mine."

"Of course you do," Jade mumbles.

Darleen narrowed her eyes at her.

"Anyways! Where's Archer?" I asked.

"Good question." Demarcus looked around.

"Maybe he overslept." Wini shrugged.

Just then Archer ran up to the table and sat down in giddy excitement. We all eyed him waiting for an explanation.

"Guys guess what!"

"What?" Jade said.

"My dad let me have the old family bus. And! He said I could take it and go camping this weekend with some friends. It's like a right of passage or something. So? What do you guys say? who wants to go camping this weekend?"

"Yes! I am in!" Demarcus whooped.

"Count me in." Wini shrugged.

"You know me." Jade winked at him.