𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓

"every monday, you'll have a practice quiz. every wednesday, you'll have a real quiz. every friday, you'll have an exam and anytime i feel like it, you'll have a surprise quiz or exam," the teacher said without blinking. reverie and the rest of the class' mouths hung wide open. they knew it was going to be hard, but not that hard.

      after that class had finished, reverie and most of the team moved to their next class, history. reverie was more into biology and calculus than history, but she wasn't bad at it. she did, however, have high hopes for this class. a bunch of upperclassmen she had talked to said it wasn't all that bad.

      reverie decided to wear a skirt on her first day, which was a mistake on her part. she was trying so hard to not flash anyone while she was sitting down and she had been doing a pretty good job so far.

outfit:

      "it's been said that the present is to the past like a dwarf on the shoulders of a giant

      "it's been said that the present is to the past like a dwarf on the shoulders of a giant. if the dwarf holds his seat he can, indeed, see further than the giant. but beware, if the dwarf should grow careless and forget his place," the teacher said while slamming a book down of the stuffed dwarf. fulton look scared and charlie was annoyed. reverie was sat next to charlie and saw him roll his eyes. she smacked him in the arm and gave him a serious look. she really didn't want to get kicked out of the school.

      "history is a giant. get ready to ride," the teacher said before the bell rang. adam was only in reverie's algebra 2 and creative writing class, so she didn't see him often. reverie packed up all of her things into her bag and walked out of class with luis. 

      a gorgeous, blonde cheerleader was walking in front of them and luis was checking her out. reverie rolled her eyes and pretended she didn't think she was hot too. reverie started to walk ahead when she heard someone slam into the lockers. she looked back to see luis holding his arm and rick, scooter and cole in front of him. she quickly walked over to rick and yanked his by his collar down to her face

      "hey asshole. maybe next time, don't slam one of my friends into the fucking lockers. that would be appreciated," reverie snapped at him. cole and scooter looked at each other, watching the scene playing out. 

      "sorry sweetheart. no can do," rick said with a stupid smirk that reverie wanted to smack off. at this point, others started to watch the two.

      "that wasn't a question, rick. it was an order. if you don't lay off i'll be plucking grapes, or in your case, raisins," she glared at him. 

      "you can't make me," he glared back, feeling humiliated.

      "maybe i can't, but my brother with anger issues won't be too happy to hear and that you've been hurting me and my friends," reverie said with a fake pout.

      "oh yeah, and who's your brother," rick smirked. reverie smiled back.

      "ace callas. the new baseball player. senior. i'm sure you've heard of him by now," reverie said, still gripping his collar. rick's face paled a little at the mention of ace. let's just say ace isn't a little guy. he's about 6'4" and extremely muscular.