𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟏

the dinner on friday came up quickly and reverie was prepared for any and everything rick and his friends could throw at them. she had thought of mostly every possible bad thing that could happen at the dinner. one of these things was herself stabbing rick in the eye with a fork.

      reverie, connie, and julie got ready for the dinner together in their dorm room. ace was planning to drive the three girls to the minnesota club. it was about a thirty minute drive from the school, so the girls planned to leave at 5:40. reverie wanted them to be fashionably late.

outfit:

      the three girls hopped into ace's jeep and they headed to the minnesota club

      the three girls hopped into ace's jeep and they headed to the minnesota club. reverie had her hair straightened and wore a bunch of rings, necklaces, and earrings.

      "if rick or any of those assholes try anything, you call me immediately. i will pick you guys up and we can head back to mom's house. it's closer than the dorms," ace said. 

      "don't worry, a. you are the emergency contact on my phone so if anything ends up happening, you will definitely know about it," reverie reassured. ace nodded her head and turned up the song that reverie was playing from the aux cord in his car. she was playing kiwi by harry styles.

      ace dropped the girls off and they were the last to arrive at the restaurant. reverie sat between julie and goldberg. she would've sat with with adam, but she was not in the mood considering he had been ignoring her for the past week. 

      every time reverie had tried to talk to adam during the week, he would pretend to not hear her and it had really started to make her angry. she stopped thinking it was her fault, and remembered that there was not a single thing she could have possibly done that would have made him act that way. the thought of him seeing someone else, however, did cross her mind and that terrified her. 

      "hey, julie, want this extra piece of prime rib?" goldberg asked. reverie smacked the back of his head.

      "look, i'm just trying to help," he said. julie rolled her eyes and continued to eat. reverie had ordered a plate of fettuccine alfredo and it was delicious. 

      rick tapped on his glass and stood up, and said, "on behalf of the eden hall warrior varsity state championship hockey team, i'd like to welcome the future state champs, the eden hall freshman. here, here." every cheers except for reverie. she sat there will an unimpressed look on her face. rick met her gaze a quirked up an eyebrow to which she responded with a sneer.

      "we're just glad you loaned us banksie so that we'd have a chance to beat you guys in the annual freshman-varsity showdown. now, nobody move. we've got one last surprise. fellas? banksie," rick said. reverie watched as adam gloomily walked out of the room. he was being super was being super weird and it was starting to hurt reverie in more ways than adam could possibly know.