𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟔

over the next week, the j.v. team practiced hard and studied how the varsity team played. they were ready for the game. orion at one point even made them use trash as pucks. they got their old duck jerseys back and reverie was extremely happy with life at that moment.  she had everything she had ever wanted.

      reverie's mom, brother, and brother's friends all sat in the stands. reverie waved at them ad they smiled and waved back. reverie then found linda and waved towards her. the two had become fast friends over the course of the week and reverie helped linda get to know charlie a little better.

      "this is for hans," charlie told the team. they all nodded and skated around, touching the ice. reverie knew this was going to be an emotional game for charlie and she was going to be with him every for every step.

      the ducks gathered together and did their little quack cheer before they took their place on the ice. reverie took center ice and got to the face off with rick.

      "you're gonna wish like hell you didn't say all your little comments to me, callas," rick stated. reverie was really resisting the urge to punch him in his stupid face.

      "save the trash talk," reverie responded back with a fake smile.  the ref dropped the puck and rick knocked her down. she immediately got back up and skated after him, knocking over some of the varsity players while doing so. varsity shot, but it was saved by julie. when they tried to shoot again, goldberg smacked it off with his toe. orion changed the line up and reverie skated onto the bench. 

      charlie took center ice with rick and they said something to each other. the ref dropped the puck and charlie knocked rick down. dwayne skated with the puck before he was slammed into the boards. varsity kept shooting at julie, but deflected the puck quickly.  reverie watched as the ducks finally got a hold of the puck and skated down to where scooter was waiting for them in the net. varsity got a hold of the puck once more, but didn't score.

      the first period came to an end and the second period started. during the second period, the varsity was sending hit after hit towards the ducks. orion out reverie, fulton, goldberg out on the ice. reverie was checked into the boards and julie was taken down, leaving the net open. the varsity team tried to score, but julie barely save it. 

      reverie skated over to julie and said, "okay julie! get it bestie! fuck em up." julie laughed and reverie skated back into the game. one of the varsity players checked guy into the boards way to hard and reverie skated over to see what happened. guy was not getting up.

      "what the fuck is wrong with you, assholes," reverie yelled at the varsity who shrugged in response. guy was taken off the ice and reverie was taken off the ice. charlie went to go and score, but he was beat by the buzzer. two periods were down and the score was 0-0.

      the team went into the locker room and reverie sat next to adam. the grabbed his hand and laid her head on his shoulder while he rested his on top of her's. 

      "you're playing hard. i'm proud of you guys," orion said while patting russ' back.

      "they're cheap-shooting us to death, coach," luis exclaimed. he seemed to be pretty disheartened. 

      "i know they are. i know they are," coach orion sympathized. reverie's body was a little achy, but she wasn't hurt nearly as bad as the others.

      "it's going to take a miracle for us to hold on," averman explained. just then, the door to the locker room burst open. reverie and adam's heads shot up. reverie smiled brightly when she saw dean portman's face.

      "dean portman is awarded a full athletic and academic scholarship to the eden hall academy. i had this lying around the house in chicago. my attorney though i should sign it. i agreed. it's official, boys! i'm back!" dean yelled. the team all cheered, happy to see dean back. reverie gave him a huge hug. she had missed him.

      the team got back out onto the ice and the crowd was in shock when they saw dean portman skate out onto the ice. reverie was on the ice first with the bash brothers. she watched as cole taunted dean and knew it would end badly. reverie took center ice and the gamme commenced, but only shortly when one of the boards shattered.

      dean had flung cole into the boards and onto the crowd. reverie laughed and skated over to them. she fist pumped dean and watched as cole tried to get back up, but couldn't.

      "now that is clearing the garbage," fulton said, laughing at cole.

      "hey, man! we're just getting warmed up," dean exclaimed before the three skated onto the ice. reverie gained hold of the puck with some help from fulton and dean. they lost the puck to varsity, but no one scored. with only two minutes left in the period, dean was called into the penalty box for "hooking." the call was bullshit and everyone knew it.

      dean went into the penalty box and started cheering. he took off his shirt and gear and started dancing. reverie couldn't help but laugh at the boy. she really had missed him a lot. 

      while the ducks were changing players, ken jumped off the bench too early and ken and luis had to get put out of the game. orion called a time-out. 

      "the pressure is all on them. all we gotta do is hold our ground. okay, conway, banks, and callas. here we go! come on!" orion yelled. adam, charlie, and reverie all fist bumped each other before getting out onto the ice.

      the game started back up and varsity gained hold of the puck. julie fell and left the net open, but adam jumped in front just in time for the puck to hit his chest. reverie skated down the ice as rick and charlie went at it. charlie listened to coach's advice and let rick make the first move. rick flew over charlie.

      reverie gained the puck and flew down the ice. she saw charlie open and quickly passed to him right before he was about to shoot, he passed it back to reverie who quickly soared the puck past scooter, winning the game at the last second. adam and charlie both tackled her to the ice and the rest of the team skated out to celebrate.

      adam ripped off reverie's helmet and laid a fat one on her. she kissed him back for a moment before breaking the kiss and smiling up at him brightly. he wrapped his arms around her waist and she wrapped hers around his neck. adam lifted to her up for a moment then set her back down. reverie looked to see scooter kiss julie on the cheek. she smacked adam's shoulder and made him look too. reverie let out a squeal of excitement for her best friend.

      reverie went took adam's hand and they went to skate off the ice when they saw linda and charlie kiss, on the lips. reverie actually screamed in excitement. she was so happy that they finally kissed.

      reverie looked back up to adam and he looked down at her.

      "i love you, adam," reverie said with a huge smile. he smiled back down to her.

      "i love you too, rev," adam said back. he leaned down and kissed the girl. it was the perfect ending to a perfect season and, boy was reverie excited to do it again.

author's note:

hey guys! the last thing i need to do for this story is fix up the mistakes i made and it is done. i'm so sad that this is ending.