𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟐

"come on, rev. you need to forget about him for one night and just come with us. revenge suits you so well. you can get back at rick with us. please?" charlie pleaded. the rest of the group gave her puppy dog eyes. reverie told them what had happened with adam and they were pissed. reverie had been crying the entire morning that sunday.

      "fine, but only because i need a distraction," reverie said. the group cheered and they all got into all black outfits. reverie had big, black sunglasses on as they left their dorm and went over to where the boy's varsity dorms were.

      reverie was assigned to go with charlie and russ to get the fire ants from dean's office. this was honestly the perfect distraction for reverie. that and the fact she planned to pretend adam never even existed when she went back to classes the next day. 

      "careful, man. they don't call them brazilian fire ants for nothing," russ said. reverie wanted nothing to do when it came to touching those ants.

      "do you think he's going to notice them missing?" charlie asked while shining his flashlight into the colony.

      "i mean, i don't think he exactly keeps a head count," reverie joked. charlie let out a sarcastic laugh and reverie smiled brightly. she was happy to have her friends, especially charlie.

      charlie then sucked up the ants using the tube they had brought. after he finished, they quickly ran back to the rest of the group by the boy's dorms. 

      "did you get em?" luis asked.

      "yeah, only a couple, you know hundred," charlie said with a smirk. connie told the group through the walkie talkies to let the ants go into the dorms. charlie took a funnel and poured the ants in. the group watched as they crawled through the tube into the dorms. it only took a moment before they heard the screams and all of the doors trying to be pulled, but the string attached to the door knobs prevented them from leaving.

      "go on, go on. let them out," charlie told julie, who then pulled on the roope and caused for the door to snap back into their faces. reverie laughed at the sound of them hitting the floor. the boys came pouring out of the doors, all itching and scratching themselves. 

      "you think you're funny? you think you're worth a damn? you're just white trash!" rick yelled. reverie couldn't help but feel second hand embarrassment for him. like he does realize he is white too, right?

      "who are you calling white trash?" russ asked. reverie snickered. 

      "that's right, we'll take you anytime, anywhere," charlie said.

      "tomorrow, dawn. and reverie, i hope you enjoyed the big break up," rick said before running to the showers. reverie's smile dropped for a moment, then returned. she was not going to let rick get to her and she sure as hell wasn't going to let the break up affect her anymore.

      "i'm gonna kill you guys," the group heard cole yell as he flopped into the hallway.

      "oh boy, i think it's time to leave," charlie said and the group left the hallway and went back to their dorms. reverie hopped in bed and the girls set their alarms for the game tomorrow morning.