FIVE

Hoseok and I walked out together parting ways at the front of the main house. I went inside making my way to the conference room upstairs. Everyone was already there, waiting for me.

"Nice of you to show up." Jungkook teased.

"I came over right after Joon texted me you creep." I said, plopping down in my seat.

There were a few snickers around the table, but Namjoon cleared his throat to get things started.

"I am really happy to report that after one day I am very impressed with the strategic mind of Min Yoongi." He said, Jin nodding along.

"I have to say that I agree." He added. "It was slightly intimidating to be honest."

"Intimidating?" I asked.

"I mean...Namjoon is the smarted person I know. But Yoongi for sure gave him a run for his money. He could be a huge asset to our pack."

"I must agree." Namjoon said. "His insights and the way his mind works, is something I've never seen before."

"And the way that he and Namjoon worked together, the way they communicated..." he trailed off, his eye brows raised. "It was very bizarre to witness."

"So we have good feelings about him?" Tae asked.

"Very. I do want to keep our guard up for now though. I want to think the best in him, but as of right now, after today he could be considered a threat."

"A threat?" I asked, slightly in disbelief.

"I'm not saying he is; I'm simply stating that we need to be cautious. For now, he seems trust worthy but it's only been a day. We want to be sure that this continues in a positive direction. We need to be sure that he is who he seems to be, and that will take time."

"I don't think we need to tip toe around them." I said.

"You had a good day too?"

"For sure. Hoseok is very intuitive when it comes to tracking. After the first two checkpoints he seemed to need little direction after that. Not to mention he just give off a lot of positive vibes. When I gave him the map of where all the trails are he didn't seem overwhelmed at all."

"That's good." Jimin said. "Maybe if he is as promising as his brother he will be able to help you train those who man the perimeter."

"That's what I'm hoping." I smiled. "I had no bad feelings about him. He told me a little about them as a family and how the severing from their pack hit them a little harder than expected. I think they are grateful to have the opportunity to rejoin a pack that has values."

"Did he make a pass at you at all?" Namjoon asked.

"No." I laughed. "He's like you all. Totally for the dick."

Jungkook and Jimin laughed and Namjoon looked surprised. "Oh, well that's good then. We can trust him around you without worrying about him trying to mount you when you're not looking."

"I don't think he would do that anyway. He's a beta."

"Beta's take their shots at you." Tae added.

"I know. But I don't think Hoseok is that kind of person regardless of his interests. He was very respectful, listened, and was even sharing his distaste for the way some of the alphas of our pack act towards me."

"Good." Namjoon said. "We need more of those. I get that same positive vibe from his brother, so I'm glad to hear Hosoek is the same way."

"So is there anything we need to discuss urgently?" Jungkook asked. "The new class is in, and they are young. So they need extra time. Kai said he'd help me with them since there are so many this time around."