SIXTEEN

I decided that it would be best for me to tell my brothers, especially Namjoon, on my own. It was going to be shocking, and a little hard to stomach. And they did not disappoint, as I sat with them in their living room, all three of them staring at me.

Namjoon was almost glaring, almost annoyed, but conflicted. Jin and Tae were simply in shock, but I knew they were probably also upset with me.

"When?" Tae asked.

"Last night." I said, wrapping the blanket around me a little tighter. "It was unexpected and not planned, I swear."

"I mean..." Jin started, his hand over his mouth before he took a deep breath. "Not that I want to know details, but how did it happen?"

"He had helped me through my heat...and at the very end I bared my neck to him. He asked me if I was sure and I consented."

"You bared your neck to him?" Tae asked, even more surprised than he was before. I nodded and he turned to his brothers. "That has to mean something."

"The only problem here," Namjoon started, finally speaking for the first time. "...Is that they were not welcomed into the pack yet."

"I know." I replied. Yoongi was now officially part of the pack no matter what. But his poor brother was not.

Namjoon took another deep breath. "I had intentions to suggest that we do welcome into the pack." He said, making me look him dead on. I wasn't expecting that. "After yesterday I realized that maybe an extended trial wouldn't be necessary. I have been impressed with both of their work ethic and their contributions to our pack. They have been nothing but kind and have never caused any problem in the time they have been here. I was going to talk about it again today. So, you choosing to mate isn't the actual problem."

"What is the problem?" Jin asked.

"The dynamic is now complicated. He mated the eldest of us. He's technically pack leader."

The room went silent. I had not thought of that either. I knew that wasn't anything Yoongi wanted, I knew that wasn't the reason he mated me, that's just simply not how it works. But he was right. I was supposed to be pack leader, and I stepped down because of obvious reasons. As the dynamic laws fall into place, my mate would be the pack leader.

"No." Jin said. "If anything were to happen to you, and Luna refused the role again it would default to me because I am Kim blood."

"Are you sure?" Tae asked. "We can not announce their mating without being sure."

"What if Yoongi submits to Namjoon as pack leader?" I asked. "He has absolutely no interest in being pack leader, and if that means submitting to you, then he'd do it."

"Are you sure?" Namjoon asked.

"I'm positive."

There was a long pause of my brother staring at me until finally he sighed and pulled out his phone. He dialed someone's number and waited until they answered.

"Hey can you come to the main house to speak with us?" He asked, waiting for the response of the other person. "Bring Jungkook with you."

He hung up and then dialed another number. "Hey I need you and Hoseok at the house as soon as possible." There was another pause before he spoke again. "Thank you, you can come right in we are in the living room."

He hung up and looked over at me.

"I didn't think." I said standing up and walking over to him. I knelt before my brother my breath heavy, and panicky. "I submit to you like I did before. You are the true leader of the Kim clan and Cypher pack."