EIGHTEEN

~ Yoongi POV ~

I woke up with her cuddling the arm I had wrapped around her. Her hair was tucked under her head and legs pulled together as I spooned her. She was dead asleep, slightly snoring making me smile. I was a little groggy so I laid there for a few minutes to enjoy her warmth and softness. It had been quite a long time since I woke up to someone in my arms and I felt at peace. But the peace didn't last long. I had to go to the bathroom, and if she didn't let go of my arm, I was going to make a mess right here on the bed.

I attempted to move slowly, but she didn't even flinch when I pulled my arm from her grasp. Rolling out of the bed, I looked over at her and again, no movement. Had her chest not expanded with her breathing I would have sworn she was dead.

I walked around the bed towards the bathroom and stopped starting at her.

I had never known a single female to sleep like this. All of the ones I knew were light sleepers and would wake to the slightest movement.

I walked over to her and placed my hand on her shoulder. She was warm to the touched, and just as soft. My inner wolf told me to not disturb the female but I wanted to know how solid her sleep was. I gave a little pressure, but no change. I pushed her slightly, and she slowly fell backwards on her back, but that was it.

I was amazed.

She slept so deeply.

Impressive.

I went to the bathroom and did my business, but took a moment after I washed my hands to really take in the events of the last 48 hours.

I mated an amazing woman.

I submitted to a patient and kind, levelheaded leader.

Moved in to a new home.

And ultimately joined this new pack.

I felt a little achy because of my brother. I should have thought of him before mating Luna, but I couldn't help it. I had never felt the want and need to mate a female like that before and I succumbed to my instincts. The only soothing I felt about Hoseok was knowing he would not be alone. Namjoon spoke to him so tenderly, and he touched him so gently. I was fighting my inner protective nature.

I wanted to have a problem with the two of them. But in truth, everything that Luna said yesterday was true. If I could trust my brother with anyone, it was the pack Leader. Her brother.

I could feel a tug at my heart, and it forced my movement to go back into the room. When I did, I found my new mate in the same position she was in when I left the room, on her back, chest raising up and down as she slept. There was a chair in the corner of her room that faced her bed, so I took a moment to myself and sat there.

Thinking.

Thinking about her and how she made me feel.

It's when she looks in my eyes; that's when it happens. The absolute certainty of where I'm supposed to be; with her. She has given me the motivation to be better man just by allowing me to be in her life. To mark her, mate her, and make her mine. For an alpha female to give herself to any male is remarkable and honorable. And she chose me. She brought me to a heel. Never in m life would I have thought anyone could do that to me. Not being and alpha. What's even more though, is I wanted it. I wanted to be on my knees ready to serve her. What surprised me was her submission. She knelt down with me on my level, and it was then I decided to never let get go. She was precious, a gem, someone to hold onto forever. She takes away the anger, the frustration, the worry; everything. She gives me comfort without even trying.

Be even more so, she makes me powerful.

The way she would move under me, the noises she would make; it only fueled my desire for her. My strength grew with her. I felt like I would never need a break, I never needed to stop pleasing her.