Ch. 9- A surprise of sorts

Sophie was organizing Phoebe's school work for the day when she noticed Phoebe had escaped outside. The house was situated on several wooded acres and wild life wandered about. Phoebe had been chasing one of the ducks when Sophie realized she shouldn't ruin her costume. The heat and running around caused one of her pig tails to fall out. The curls Katie worked so tirelessly to perfect were now frizzy and flat.

Mark came running over and furrowed his eyebrows at Phoebe's messy hair.

    "What happened to her hair? She has to be ready in 5 minutes."

    "Sorry I didn't see her run off. I will get it fixed right away." Sophie stood up to walk Phoebe over to the hair and makeup trailer again.

    "Any chance you have seen Chace? We are ready to roll and can't find anyone." 

    Sophie wasn't use to seeing this stressed side if Mark and it worried her.
"Um no sorry I wasn't paying much attention," motioning again to Phoebe's hair "obviously."

Sophie wanted this experience to be fun for Phoebe but she has to understand this was an element of work. She told Phoebe that it's not polite to waste Katie's time by having to redo what she already worked to do. That Phoebe needed to be more careful.

Sophie continued lecturing her on work ethic when they approached the trailer.  Sophie was preoccupied and missed the loud moaning and banging echoing from inside. Sophie opened the trailer door to find Chace's pants by his ankles and some blonde bent over a chair.

" OH MY!" Sophie exclaimed, frozen in shock, causing Chace to look up over at her and he plastered a smile on his face. He was completely unphased by the intrusion, further alarming Sophie. He didn't attempt to separate himself from whoever was on the receiving end of the fun.

Sophie remembered that Phoebe had been trailing  behind her so she did a quick backwards thrust and knocked Phoebe down the steps.

Phoebe yelped as she hit the ground bracing herself on the grass.
"Sorry honey Mommy got startled."

Sophie's cheeks were stained beet red from either
embarrassment or anger; she wasn't quite sure. She was mortified at what she walked in on and more disturbing was Chace's flippant attitude about it. She would rip him a new one if Phoebe caught any glimpse of his immoral behavior. She didn't need to explain the birds and the bees to a 6 year old

"Mom?????What are you doing??? I have to get my hair fixed!" Phoebe protested attempting to re-enter the trailer.  Sophie stood firmly blocking the door.

" I know honey, but, um ...well. It's occupied right now." She saw Katie grabbing coffee and bolted over to her.

"Hey Katie, sorry to be a pain but Phoebe managed to mess up your hard work," Sophie remarked.

Katie assessed Phoebe's hair as Phoebe stared down at her shoes afraid of disappointment, " Oh no biggy! That's an easy fix. Here let's go to my trailer——."

"No!"  Sophie abruptly interjected, "um we can't go in there to do it." Sophie was doing her best to send Katie telepathic messages of the indecent scene that was going on in her styling trailer.

Just then Meghan entered  on set frantically looking around, "Hello? Has any one scene Chace?"
She seemed flustered and annoyed. Katie could infer now what the potential trailer issue was.

Sophie overheard her telling the woman next to her that she hasn't heard from him today. She glanced at her phone obviously hoping for some message to have been responded to and turned from it disappointed. She went on to say how she hasn't heard from him since he left her trailer last night.