Ch 20: Bike ride adventures.

The morning came and true to his word Mark barreled through the door without knocking and abruptly surveyed the living quarters. He was shocked to find Chace busy in the kitchen.

"Shhh! " Chace held a finger up to his lips. "They are still sleeping. Do you have to be so loud?"  Chace said in a hushed tone as he continued to whip some batter together.

    "What are you still doing here?" Mark asked curtly.

    "Well the Doctor said 24 hours and I am always one to follow orders, " Chace smirked.

    "How did you sleep?" Mark was wasn't genuinely interested just trolling for any holes in his story that led to any impropriety.

Chace thought about making some joke to Mark that eluded to him sleeping with Sophie but he felt he needed to try to get on his good side. Mark after all was her brother and he clearly didn't trust him. If he wanted to be a part of Sophie and Phoebe's life he was going to have to bite the bullet and win over Mark too.

"I still have a headache but overall I slept well."

He wasn't goin to admit it actually took Chace hours to fall asleep pondering about Sophie and her life. He wanted her to open up to him and know more about her. He hadn't made that easy to do since they had known each other but it was now consuming him. Every preconceived notion he had of her was continuously shattered which made her all the more intriguing.    

The boys were soon greeted by Phoebe who smiled with delight at whatever sugary concoction Chace was cooking up.

"It smells YUMMY! What are you making?" Phoebe asked.

" My famous Chace's Chocolate Chip pancakes of course!"

Sophie rounded the corner but due to her lack of visual apparel she could only see blurry humans.

"Has anyone seen my glasses?" Sophie questioned which was met with a grumble from Mark and Phoebe.

"Seriously." Mark griped.

Chace was confused by the exchange but amused watching Sophie stumble about.

"Sophie is as blind as a bat but for someone so dependent upon eyewear she often loses it. I ALWAYS have to help——" Phoebe chimed in, " and me!"

"Yes, you too I'm sure, " Mark staring at Phoebe, "have been finding her glasses for years."

Chace couldn't help but stare at Sophie. He had never seen her unmasked without glasses. He somehow never noticed that her eyes weren't just brown. They were almost a dark version of green with golden specks in between. Without a speck of makeup her lashes were dark and long. She truly was a natural beauty. Hollywood would cake a lot of makeup on an actresses to achieve that "natural beauty" that Sophie has done flawlessly by just stepping out of bed. Chace was glad Sophie couldn't see because he had been staring at her for quite a while.

"You fell asleep on the couch last night so they are probably somewhere over there." Chace pointed with the spatula

Confused Mark asked, " How did you make it to your bed, at night, with no glasses?"

Chace didn't dare look at Sophie but he could feel his own face warming and turning red.

Choosing to avoid that conversation Sophie felt the best approach was not to lie but avoid the truth.

"I'm not completely disabled!" She emphasized with an eye roll.

Phoebe came back holding her glasses and thrusting them at her Mom.

"Thank you Pheebs."

"What's all this?" Sophie gestured to the kitchen coated in a thin layer of flour.