Chapter 21 : back to the old me

(Next morning Team POV)

" I say Jill let's the kid start again and we win 5-0 " Megan says all smug to the rest of her teammate, who have been arguing about the game against Canada , the teams playing each other again for charity before the semifinal .

" that's if Fleming let's her past their defenses "moe shrugs and the girls turn to her " what ? "

" why would Fleming be a problem for Jordan" kel laughs and moe huffs

" am I the only one who pays attention to that girl ! Jordan literally sneaks out all the time to go have a one on one with Jessie " she explains" they're like best friends "

" Mal you know about this ?" Alex says turning to said girl

" no...I didn't " she mumbles " we haven't really been talking " Mal plays with her fingers

" why not ?" Hope is the one to question this time

" it's nothing serious.." she sighs " I just may have overreacted about her being so calm ....it scared me and I should have just talked to her but I panicked..."

" have you seriously been avoiding her this whole time because she did something that somewhat intimated you ?! " tobin cuts in "ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME MAL ! THAT WAS TWO FUCKING WEEKS AGO ! "

" hey tobin calm down Mal is still young she's basically a kid chill " Ali says not liking how tense everyone is getting

" no I won't 'chill ' Ali " tobin points at mallory " you should know better ! You can't just not talk to her you'll break her all over again ! What are you stupid !"

" hey hey hey !! " Jill walks into the room hearing the yelling " what the hell is going on in here ! "

" this little brat has been ignoring my kid !" Tobin says extremely upset , Mal looks down

" that's not how you talk about or to your teammates tobin ! " Jill scolds her " you're all a team , a family , stop arguing and get your shit together " she turns to Mal " and Mallory what ever you did or you're doing fix it NOW "

" I don't mean to interrupt " Ashlyn cuts in " but does anyone actually know where j is ?"

" I'm right here "

***************************
( Jordan's POV )

" I'm right here " I says answering ash as I walk into the room , all their heads turn to me and I tilt my head " what's up with the tension ?" I walk up to Mal and kiss her cheek then look back up to the team " well?"

They stay quiet for a bit before tobin comes up and hugs me " ummm toby ? You're kinda squeezing " She pulls back

" are you okay ? " tobin asks me and I chuckle

" of course I am why wouldn't I be ?" Tobin looks at me confused

" Mal has been ignoring you ? " she looks from me to my girlfriend and I laugh again

" oh that " I smile at Mal " no big deal I love her and I understand " Mal looks at me shocked and I see the guilt in her eyes

" you-you love me ?" She ask and I nod

" of course I do Mal , you're the most amazing person I've ever met ...." I take her hand " I trust you with my life "

" wow ..." kel says cutting off Mal before she can speak

" well looks like things are fixed " Jill says "now everyone get your things and get in the bus , we have a charity game to play "

**********