Chapter 25: i define myself

I don't know how many people have this moment but I'm sure people who struggle with things at least have it once even if it doesn't last , the moment when everything comes into perspective, where get to make a choice , to push past and better yourself or to fall ...
I've been falling since I was a kid and honestly im done falling , im tired of being broken , im tired of being lost and not knowing who I am in this world and where I fit in . Im going to find myself , I define who I am not my past , not other people , me and me alone .

Now all I have to do is simple ....wake up .

************

( Alex's POV )

30 minutes, it's been 30 minutes since Jordan passed out , our med team rushed her into the lockers and the ambulance has been called in , they are taking a look at her now , the police have arrested her so called father , the team is a mess , the game is delayed for a bit and I know fans are dying for it to start .

I've never seen her like that , so angry , no one ever seemed to realize how powerful this kid is , sure she lost blood and passed out but holy shit if only everyone saw how her father looked , he wasn't even recognizable fuck they put him in cuffs and rushed him to the hospital. She wasn't joking when she said she had a black belt that's for sure ...but that's what worries me ...I'm scared for her , I just want my girl to be okay . My kid needs to be okay .

" Alex ?" I turn to tobin as she places her hand on my shoulder " she's awake ..."

***********
(Jordan pov )

" you know you really scared the crap out of everyone "

" from seeing me fight or seeing me faint ? "

" both ...but mostly from seeing you pass out , the girls refused to play until they all knew you were okay "

" do I look okay to you coach " I look up at Jill from the table they had put me on

" honestly I don't think I've ever been able to look at you and think you were okay " she puts her hand over mine " but I have been able to see that you will be ...it takes time ..some more than others "

" im 17 I've been suffering since I was 10 , that's 7 years off being like this " I tell her and turn my head away

" you're right and that's a pretty long time , but you keep forgetting one simple thing " I scoff at her words

" yeah and what's that " I close my eyes

" you've been forced to grow up because of your environmental but Jordan ...you're still a kid " I hear her say and then footsteps leaving . I sit up as the door closes and stretch my body

" ow " I hiss in pain as my head stings , i glance around me and see my uniform covered in blood " shit " is that from me or him . I need to change ...doubt they'll let me play after this . I slowly turn myself so my legs hang off the side of the table . As I begin to stand I feel someone place their hands around my waist holding me up .....I didn't even hear the door open .
I glance up from the ground and make eye contact" Mallory ?"

" hey ....shouldn't you be laying down ?" She says and I shrug " possibly " She sighs

" the ..um the uniform ..I don't like the blood " I look down and her eyes follow

" oh j " I ignore the frown on her face and point towards the showers

" just help me over and grab some clean clothes for me okay ? Let's not talk " I say and thankfully she nods her head and does as I ask .

She leads me over to the showers and turns on the water for me , I move to pull off my shirt and cringe in pain ..." fuck"

" are you sure you wanna-"she begins but I cut her off