6: 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚖𝚊𝚛𝚜𝚑

Kie, Y/n, Pope, and JJ all decided to visit John B the day after the beach party. At the moment, John B was walking around the Chateau while Y/n sat beside her big sister, the two quietly playing drums together.

"Look, I'm calling it off. Alright?" John B breaks the silence. "Peterkin said, if I stay out of the marsh, she'll help me with DCS."

"And you believed her?" JJ asks.

"Yes, I believe her, JJ." John B responds.

"An actual cop, John B. You believed a cop." JJ states in disbelief.

"All I gotta do is stay out of the marsh for a couple days, and she'll help me out." John B snaps. "And it doesn't help that your ass was the one shooting a gun."

"You know what I should have done, man? I should've just let Topper drown your ass." JJ argues.

"Topper was gonna drown me?" John B asks with a scoff.

"Sure looked like it." JJ responds, walking to them. "I mean, have you looked in the mirror?"

"Tell me some more. Come on." John B says.

"They always win, don't they, man? Kook's versus Pogues. They always, always win!" JJ exclaims.

"Look, it's okay!" Kie exclaims, trying to calm the boy down.

"No, it's not okay! It is not!" JJ fires back. "They don't want us to go down into the marsh. That means there's something valuable down there," JJ points at John B. "and you know it, man. I know you do." JJ looks to Pope. "And I understand why you don't wanna go. You're the golden boy. You got way too much to risk."

In response, Pope just nods as he glances down at the ground, listening to the boy rant on.

"And you two..." JJ begins, looking down at the Carrera sisters. "I mean, you guys are already rich as fuck anyway. Why would you two bother?"

The sisters just roll their eyes at the boy, not liking the fact they were being called rich.

JJ looks at John B. "But you and me, man, we got nothing to lose! We really don't, alright? And I know it didn't use to be that way for you."

"I don't want to talk about it." John B murmurs.

"So that's it?" JJ asks.

"Just get out of my way, bro." John B grunts, shoving past him.

"John B, listen to me." JJ continues. "I have a plan. You got the key to Cameron's big boat, right?"

"No, JJ." John B sighs.

"There's scuba gear inside there. We just borrow that, and then we go down to the wreck this afternoon, and that is what's gonna save you, man. You don't see rich kids going into foster care, do you?" JJ asks.

***

In the end, John B had listened to JJ about his plan. After taking the tanks from Cameron's boat, the five found themselves sitting together on the HMS Pogue.

"This is empty." Kie informs, looking at John B, who sits next to her. "You took empty tanks?" Kie then checks another tank. "Okay, this one's a quarter full. It's enough for one of us."

"Love it when a plan comes together." Pope comments.

"Does anybody know how to dive?" Y/n questions. No one answers. "Anybody?"

"It's kind of a Kook sport." JJ replies.

"I... read about it." Pope informs.