18: 𝚊𝚡𝚎 𝚖𝚞𝚛𝚍𝚎𝚛𝚎𝚛

The Carrera sisters walked around their family's restaurant, the Wreck, as they served their three friends. John B had called a little meeting of some sort, explaining he was living with the Cameron's. The sisters didn't really like the sound of that, especially Kiara. The friends, however, were relieved that their one friend was okay after he was released from the hospital.

"I'm sorry. You're staying where?" Kie questions.

"Tannyhill." John B repeats.

"So you're living with Sarah Cameron." Y/n bluntly states.

"Okay, look, the only reason I'm living there is because her dad bailed me out, right?" John B informs. "And it's way better than foster care, which, by the way, is where I was about to go if Ward didn't--"

"Hey, so do you have a membership to the clubs now?" Pope asks, interrupting the boy.

"I don't know, Pope." John B replies.

"What about those golf carts they get to drive around? You get one of them?" JJ questions.

"Does it come with a sweater-vest, or do you have to buy one of those on your own?" Pope adds.

"Look, you promised. You said you weren't with her." Kie reminds.

"Bro, just own it. She got you." JJ states.

"Look, if you wanna hang out with her, that's fine. But I'm letting you know now that I'm not doing anything with Sarah. I doubt Y/n/n would want to either." Kie tells John B.

"Do you guys see her here? No, right. Okay. A little focus would be fantastic." John B states, clearly frustrated. "We've got the map, right?"

"It's out of whack cause the guy was ganja'd when he drew it." JJ comments as he glances down at the map.

"It's cause the coast has changed." Y/n informs.

"So we just have to look for landmarks that haven't changed." Pope states.

"What about the old forts?" John B suggests.

"Battery Jasper." Kie says, pointing at the location on the map.

***

Right after their little conversation, the group of five left the Wreck, finding themselves on a hill at Battery Jasper, just like Kie had said. Four out of the five looked out in the distance as Pope looked down at the map.

"We're in Battery, right here." Pope informs, looking at the map. "So if this is parcel nine, then it's somewhere northeast of here."

"Somewhere over there." Kie adds, pointing out in the distance.

Pope nods. "Right."

"Over there? Guy's, that's not Tannyhill, that's a subdivision." JJ tells them.

"Tannyhill Plantation used to be the entire island. It got sold into smaller pieces over time." John B explains.

Pope glances back down at the map. "So we're just looking for an old stone wall."

Following Pope, the five all hop back into the campervan, John B driving through the streets as he follows Pope's directions. Soon enough, they stop at their location, right in front of a stone wall, hopping out of the vehicle. However, their location happened to be the Crain house, the most feared house on the island.

"Are you kidding me?" Y/n murmurs.

JJ shrugs one shoulder. "Worse-case scenario."

"Why'd it have to be here... of all places?" Pope questions.