22: 𝚜𝚎𝚝𝚞𝚙

The next day, the Carrera sisters found themselves sitting in the campervan, the door open with Sarah at their side. John B and Pope were a couple feet away from the, working on something else. Meanwhile, the three girls were looking down at a piece of paper in Kiara's hands. A drawing of the well in the Crain's house was on the white sheet, being drawn by none other than Pope.

The girls soon started laughing about how the drawing wasn't the best drawing in the world. Once Sarah asked who drew it through her laughs, Y/n looks over at Pope, who was already staring at her. The youngest Carrera sister gives him a smile before his attention is pulled away from her and to John B.

JJ eventually walks out, dropping the gold in front of them. After a few minutes, everyone had gathered around as they watched Kie start melting the gold so they could pawn it later. Y/n stood beside Pope, her arms wrapped around his shoulders as they watched her older sister go to work.

Soon enough, the group of six all found themselves in the campervan, driving to their destination. JJ began complaining about his part of the plan, but stopped when Y/n pushed him inside the shop, the others following in suit.

"Afternoon, ma'am." JJ greets to the shop keeper.

"Afternoon." The woman greets back.

As the blonde walked himself to the front desk, the other five teenagers pretended to look around at all the antiques inside the pawn shop, making sure to stick close so they could hear the conversation between their friend and the shop keeper.

"I see you buy gold." JJ states.

"That's what the sign say, don't it?" The woman fires back.

"Well, I sure hope you buy a lot of it, because I'm about to blow your mind." JJ informs.

"I ain't got much mind left to blow, so have at it." The woman tells him.

The woman watches as the blonde teenage boy swings his backpack off his shoulders and places it on the counter of the desk, unzipping one of the pockets. The Maybank boy soon brings out the gold that they had found, placing it in front of the woman.

"How about them gold apples?" JJ asks.

"That ain't real." The woman objects, chuckling to herself.

"That ain't real?" JJ repeats in question.

"It can't be." The woman argues.

"Feel how heavy it is." JJ tries.

Obeying his request, the shop keeper reaches forward to grab the gold from the desk, however, she has a little trouble lifting it. Eventually, though, she manages to do so as the gold now laid in her palm. The blonde watches the woman shine a flashlight on the gold as if to make sure it was real or not.

"Spray-painted tungsten." The woman says.

"Spray-painted tungsten?" JJ repeats. "Really? Okay. Why don't you see how soft it is?"

Glancing up at him, the woman, once again, obeys his request and leans down, opening up and drawer to grab a nail and a small hammer, then using them to hit away at the gold below her. To her surprise, no indent was made when she checked to see if it was damaged.

"Wow. Would you look at that?" JJ says.

"Hold your horses. We ain't got to the acid test yet." The woman informs.

"Ooh! The acid test. My favorite, guys." JJ comments as he glances back at his friends.

The shop keeper leans down again, digging into the same drawer she got the hammer and nail from, placing the said tools back inside as she now grabs a small bottle of liquid. Twisting off the lid, she carefully places a tiny bit of acid on the gold, then watching to see if it had any reaction, but there was nothing.