7: 𝚋𝚛𝚘𝚔𝚎𝚗 𝚍𝚘𝚠𝚗 𝚝𝚛𝚞𝚌𝚔

The sound of seagulls chirping all around as they flew above the ocean was loud all around OBX as a few cars could be seen parked on the ferry. The waves occasionally rocked by the large boat that held the vehicles, some smaller boats being seen every few minutes in the distance, showing that people were enjoying their time on the ocean.

During their journey out of Figure Eight and towards the ferry that they'd need to use to get to Charleston, the Carrera sisters had told the boys about their parents telling them about sending their daughters to boarding school, to which both were very keen on not going to and leaving OBX.

They couldn't do that. The sisters could be seen sitting on the edge of the bed of the truck, JJ sitting inside as he rolled up a blunt while Pope stood beside the truck, his elbows resting against the edge as his eyes stayed on the letter he had been given.

His mind seemed to have been stuck on the letter, but even if the others were talking about something else, their mind was also on it to, many questions filling their minds. Even if the person wrote in the letter for Pope for him to come alone, the others weren't just gonna let him do this on his own in case the person could hurt him. They weren't gonna leave Pope to do this on his own.

"Our parents are so paranoid of us being Pogues, like it's the worst thing that could ever happen." Kie points out, seeing her sister nod in agreement.

"Hey, I hear they got good weed at boarding school, though." JJ tells them as if trying to lighten the mood.

"We're not going to boarding school." Kie protests, shaking her head. "They're gonna have to kidnap us, tie us up, and throw us in a van."

"Hey, Kie, have you tried to hit John B back on that number yet?" Pope questions.

Kie shrugs, nodding. "Like, twenty million times. Some random lady at a hotel keeps answering."

"Well, until we hear from them again, we gotta try and clear his name." Pope states as he holds up the letter. "Right now, this letter's our best bet."

***

The chirps of birds echoed all throughout the island full of living things, plants, humans and many animals all around. The sun hadn't decided to set yet as it continued to shine down on the many citizens in Charleston, about an hour or so after the group of Pogues had gotten off the ferry.

The wind was still occasionally blowing by and in the people's hair, adding to the honks and the engines of the vehicles and the chatters of the many civilians all around the island. The houses and the stores in Charleston were fancy-looking, almost looking exactly like the many fancy buildings on Figure Eight in the Outer Banks.

The group of four were now back in the truck as Pope had his hands resting on the wheel, foot slightly pressed on the gas as he had returned to his spot in the driver's seat and was now driving once again.

Sitting in between her sister and her boyfriend, Y/n was leaning back in her seat while she sat close beside Pope as she was looking over her sister's shoulder, who was currently rereading the letter in her head, occasionally making some comments in between. On the other end, JJ had his elbows resting close to the window while he held a bored expression, looking out the window.

"Guys, I've read this thing like a thousand times. It makes no sense." Kie comments with a sigh. "I mean, the Limbreys own, like, half of Charleston. What do the Kook kings of Charleston know about a murder on Kildare island?"

"Why you specifically?" Y/n asks, looking at Pope. "That's the other creepy thing."

"'Please come alone'." Kie reads as she points at the said words. "That's hella sus."