26: 𝚙𝚕𝚊𝚗𝚎

The sun was up and shining down on the large island of the cut and Figure Eight. The seagulls and other birds were happily flying around, not even noticing the four devastated teenagers who sat on the docks together. The soft sounds of the waves crashing could occasionally be heard as it usually was.

Y/n sat on the railing of the docks, in-between her sister and JJ while John B laid on the floor of the patio, using a lifejacket as his pillow. The Routledge boy had just told them about the Crain house being sold by Ward Cameron, and all the gold in the well was gone. Only dirt and mud being seen.

The youngest Carrera sister couldn't stop thinking about Pope. Right about now, he'd be in his interview, hopefully impressing the adults that would sit with him for about an hour or so. All she could think about was how she hoped he was doing well in his interview.

"You sure he got everything?" Y/n asks.

John B nods. "Every bar. The whole enchilada."

A grunt escapes the brunette's lips as he uses his good hand, which happened to be his right hand, to take off the cast that was covering his left hand. The other three glance at one another, wondering why he did that, and also knowing his hand wasn't fully healed yet.

"It's not like I expected a happy ending or some shit." John B states, throwing his cast to the side.

"John B--" Kie begins.

"What, Kie? It's a hairline fracture. Who cares?" John B snaps.

Kie sighs. "You should care. Your arm's gonna be messed up for life."

Not looking at her, John B holds his arm up. "It's fine. See?"

"Guys!" A loud voice shouts.

The four all glance over their shoulders, seeing Pope running down the docks and towards them. Y/n took notice that he was wearing his suit that he was supposed to wear for his interview. The Heyward boy stops in front of them, panting heavily as he rests his hands on his knees.

"How was the interview, Pope?" JJ questions.

"Don't ask." Pope pants out, looking to John B. "JB... Look, I'm sorry, dude. About everything. But I don't have a lot of time, and I have information that is tactically relevant. So, before I had my interview, my dad said he was going down to the private airstrip to cut palms for Cameron's big plane. Because it was too heavy, it needed a longer landing strip to take off. So, I'm there sitting in my interview, thinking to myself, "Why would Cameron need a longer airstrip to take off? What could be so heavy to weigh it down"?"

"Gold." JJ realizes.

Pope frantically nods. "Exactly. Guys, this is our chance, but it leaves tonight, and we have to go."

"Guys, we can't give up now." Y/n adds, smiling at Pope as her and Kie stand up.

"What's the plan, big man?" JJ asks, all of them now looking to John B.

John B smiles. "We're gonna steal that shit back."

The other four smile at his words before they all rush down, Pope instinctively grabbing Y/n's hand as they all made their way inside the campervan, John B trailing behind them. As the brunette drove to their destination, JJ sat in the back with Pope and Y/n, loading up the pistol in his hand.

Eventually, after what seemed to be many minutes, the five teenagers all rush out and jog towards a fence after parking in front of it. When he had stopped, Pope quickly brought out a pair of binoculars, looking right through them.

"They're loading up the gold." Pope announces.

John B grabs it, staring through the lens. "There's Ward."

The Routledge boy continues to stare through the binoculars before he starts to slowly lower them, catching the others attention. They share curious glances before trying to ask why he had, all of a sudden, quieted down.

"It's Sarah." John B whispers.

"She's with him?" Y/n questions.

The boy doesn't even respond to his friend's question, looking back through the lens of the binoculars. Near the plane, Sarah could be seen struggling against her father's grip as he pulls her into the plane despite her loud cries of protests.

"He's hurting her." John B observes.

Kie's brows furrow. "What?"

"They're fighting." John B informs.

Next thing the four knew, John B had rushed inside the campervan just as Ward started the plane when he seated himself and Sarah inside. John B ignores their shouts to him as he rams into the fence, making his way down and following the plane that held his girlfriend inside.

As John B speeded to them, Y/n found herself wrapping her arms around Pope, not wanting to watch as he does the same thing. Soon enough, the sound of the plane stopping made them all look over, seeing Ward, John B and Sarah all out on the concrete road just as sirens fills their eardrums.

"Guys, I can't get arrested." Pope speaks up.

"I'm on probation." JJ reminds.

"Look, we're no good if we're all in jail." Kie states.

And with that, the four all quickly sprint off as the sirens sound closer and closer each second.