16: 𝙼𝚒𝚍𝚜𝚞𝚖𝚖𝚎𝚛𝚜

(Should I post my John B X Reader?)

The Carrera sisters found themselves standing side by side in front of a mirror in their mother's bedroom, their mother in the bathroom, also finishing up the look for her outfit. Kie wore a purple silk dress, her hair dun up in a bun with a flower crown.

Meanwhile, Y/n wore a beautiful blue dress, the color turning to white near the bottom of the long skirt. Her hair was held in a braid, a flower crown also sitting on her head. When her mother hadn't been looking, she made sure to bring some baby hairs out of her hairstyle, liking it better than it was slicked back.

 When her mother hadn't been looking, she made sure to bring some baby hairs out of her hairstyle, liking it better than it was slicked back

"This is disgusting." Kie comments, looking at her outfit through the mirror.

"Honestly." Y/n agrees, looking at her own.

"I know. It's just horrible. I'm asking you girls to relax and go to a fun party." Anna Carrera, the girls mother, says sarcastically.

"I look like a bourgeoisie pig." Kie fires back.

"Will you please not worry about socioeconomic injustice for one night?" Anna asks.

"Mom, people not three miles from here have no power, no running water, and we're going to Midsummers." Kie states. "That's so tone-deaf."

"Do you know how hard we had to work to get into the Island Club?" Anna questions.

"Yeah, Mom. How could we forget? You had to grovel for, like, ten years--" Y/n replies, tone full of annoyance.

"Twelve," Anna interrupts, correcting her. "and we also had to cough up a huge chunk of dough, and do you both know why we did that?"

"To keep up with the Joneses?" Kie asks.

"No. So both of you could have the same experiences that I had as a child." Anna replies. "Girls, do you know what the Island Club is?"

"A factory farm for debutantes." Y/n bluntly replies.

"It is a nice place, with nice people, where you can do fun stuff." Anna informs.

"With out-of-touch rich people, while the island sinks slowly into the ocean." Kie adds.

"Okay, I want you both to put on your party faces if you wanna live." Anna instructs, walking out of the room.

The sisters exchange a look, full of annoyance, only wanting anything more but to be here and go to a room all full of Kooks who they hate and they hate them.

***

Now at the Midsummers, the sisters found themselves outside as they carefully had pushed their way through the crowd around them. As Kiara grabbed a small drink, Y/n's e/c eyes landed on Pope, the boy and his father working at the barbecue to serve all the Kooks.