14

I left without telling the crown prince. that midnight Kien escort me back to the dukedom. I fell asleep at the ride.

It's already dawn when we came. Servants greeting me in a formal manner as I step out. It looks like they really expect me to never refuse to go back. Kien escorted me back at my room.

"which one do you prepare mistress?... chocolate or---"

"chocolate it is." I finished. Sitting down at the chair prepared in my room for tea and relaxation.

I look around, it is not the usual room where they tried to confine me then after a long training and classes. The walls have a fancy design and some furniture too.

"do you like the room I prepare for you?" Kien ask expectedly as he place the mug of chocolate in front of me.

"I do..." I answer shortly. Looking outside the window as the morning sun rises.

"the sight here is still as beautiful as I remember." I mutter, at this moment my mom would wake me up to help her.

Vien and Kien already dressed up and working really hard while I'm still at my nightgown eating breakfast sometimes the two would join me from my or my mothers request. I can't help but to smile genuinely at the memory

"it is beautiful indeed." He said unknown to me that it isn't the morning sun he was staring at.

I take a sip of my chocolate. It's delicious...just like my mom's...

I look at Kien in questioning manner and he just smile knowingly "I tried so hard to copy the taste, just like...." He didn't end the sentence and just smile sadly. There is still the Kien I know...

"I know, thank you." I smile at him thankfully that at least in our memory the Innocent Villainess still lives.

Do the mother and daughter now see each other at the afterlife? I wonder... at least they have each other and never feel lonely.