Chapter 3

The walk to the hospital was like the last 6 times I visited Mrs. Todoroki. I picked up some candy that Shoto mentioned that she had liked. I was escorted straight to her room by a nurse who recognized me from my previous visits.

"Mrs. Todoroki, sorry I didn't visit you last month. I got caught up in my work study." I rubbed the back of my neck and placed the bag of candy onto the counter in her room.

"I heard sweetie, the raid was all over the news and the nurses were talking about it. Nurse Yamada even mentioned that you were there, are you alright?" I smiled and pulled the candy out of the bag.

"Yes, Recovery Girl healed me but I still got a couple new additions to my scar collection." I smiled at my own joke as Mrs. Todoroki smiled at the array of candy I brought along.

"Did Shoto apologize to you get? He just doesn't understand love yet." I nodded and showed her the thin metal band on my left ring finger.

"He proposed?" I blushed and shook my head as I waved my hands.

"No, it's a promise ring. It seems like a couple of the girls in our class found a way into his brain and planted the idea of the ring."

"What did he promise?"

"To always communicate no matter what, whether it's a ridiculous problem or just the simplest things. He also promised that one day he'll make me his bride. Cheesy, isn't it?" I bit my lip as I laughed embarrassed.

"No, that sounds just like my Shoto, always straight forward and blunt. But I guess he's your Shoto now." I shook my head and decided to change the subject, more stories of young Shoto and his siblings.

By the time the sun was setting the door slid open and the familiar red and white duel hair came into the sight of my peripheral vision. He stood in the doorway a little longer as his mother went on about how Endeavor's trying to be a better man.

"Kano, we have to start heading back to campus." I hummed and stood up.

I bowed to Mrs. Todoroki before Shoto grabbed my hand and said goodbye to his mother.

"What did you and mother talk about?" I swung our hands by our knotted hands as I skipped to keep in line with Shoto's long legs.

"Well, we mainly talked about your family but we also talked shortly about our promise rings." My thumb ran over the thicker silver band on Shoto's left ring finger.

"What did she say?"

"At first she thought you proposed, but after I explained she said it sounded just like her Shoto, straight forward and blunt." He looked down at me with his eyes squinted.

"I'm blunt?"

"Sometimes." I pulled Shoto into the café I usually stopped at and got into line.

"Is that bad?" I shook my head before stepping up to order my drink.

"No, not always Shoto. Can I please get a large Vanilla Cappuccino and a medium Green Tea." The barista nodded putting in my order and I grabbed the money from my wallet and sliding it across the counter.

"When is it bad?" I rolled my eyes as I dragged Shoto to the pick up counter.

"It depends on the person."

"When is being blunt a bad thing for you?" I faced Shoto and grabbed both his hands as I leaned my body against his and pushed my chin against his chest as I looked up at him.

"When I'm depressed, sometimes your blunt truthfulness can make me more emotional." He nodded and played with my fingers as he kissed my forehead.

"Large Vanilla Cappuccino and medium Green Tea." Shoto let me go and grabbed our drinks.

"Come on, we're almost back to campus." I took my drink and laced my hand into Shoto's again.