Chapter 11

It was finally Saturday so Shoto and Bakugo didn't have classes so we decided to work on the concert. The Effects team, Kita, Kirishima, Sero, Shoto, and I, all sat at a table in the common area with papers littering the table as Kirishim and I worked with the computers. I was distant as I though about how I would be able to utilize my quirk.

"Nakano, hey." I hummed as I looked up from the computer screen.

"Can you make your flames not burn, if that makes sense." I thought about it for a moment before nodding.

"It's called a cool flame, the flame doesn't have enough thermal energy to light a match and it doesn't burn to touch. It doesn't produce as much light as a normal flame but it still looks pretty cool." I ignited my arm in the blue flames I was talking about and made a small dragon figurine out of it.

"Because it has such a low burning temperature I have complete control over the flames movements and the shape it takes on." I continued to change the shape of the blue flame as they watched closely.

"How did can you make these?"

"They really don't have a limit in size, as long as I'm healthy and focused it can be as big as I want." These types of conversations happened everyday between and after classes.

The effects team were always working hard to make sure our plans wouldn't interfere with the dance and band teams. A week later, Izuku was handed over to the effects team because we need a power quirk to carry Aoyama across the gym on a beam so when Aoyama becomes a disco ball it will be interesting for more than a minute.

The boys were always interested by my cool flames and what I could do with them, if I could lift things with them, what were the limits of shapes I could make, how long I could produce them, etc. Since I had full control over these types of flames the team was really relaying on me to make the stage more appealing by creating images through the flames.

I got to work with the dance team since they wanted to incorporate my cool flames into their dance routine. It was mainly just wrapping the flames around them to exaggerate their movements.

When the day before the festival came along we spent the entire day practicing and running through the routine. Everyone was so passionate I felt bad when I just couldn't seem to get excited about the whole thing. I mean, yeah I was happy but I just wasn't as passionate. I've spent my whole life using my quirk in different ways and now that I'm using it for something I'm meant to be pumped for it kind of just ruined the whole experience for me.

When we were kicked out of the gym and sent back to the dorms it didn't take long for me to sleep despite Tofu throwing a fit about being in my room by himself for the entire day due to practice.