The Dock

(Rafe)

"Motherfucker!!"

I let my vexation take over. My fist launched itself right into the wall, leaving a massive hole. I didn't feel any pain. Just adrenaline.
My chest was heaving up and down quickly. I felt like I was breathing faster and faster.
Shit. Ward's not gonna like this.
I frantically searched the office for a painting I could cover the hole with.
Done.

I reached into my pant pocket, as my fingers gripped around the object. Sharp. Sleek, black and ready to raise hell.

It's time.

-

(JJ)

It's around 10:30? Maybe? At night. The sky is totally dark. It looks like a giant ink splotch.
I had made sure to anchor the boat. She wasn't goin' anywhere. Not on my watch.

I stepped back, admiring her edges. I took in a long breath.

Pope and Ki were still trying to step off safely onto the dock.

"Need some help?" I held out my hand to an annoyed Kiara, who looked up at me, eyes rolling.

"I got this. I'm not a pussy," She stammered, hoisting herself over the side and onto the dock, standing by my side. She smiled softly, slapping me on the back.

"Damn," I huffed, turning my gaze back to Pope, who was clearly struggling more than Ki.

"Okay, I might need some help. How the fu-"
A wave bumped the boat, making him sway back and forth rather viciously.

"Crap! JJ? Can you..?"

"On it," I rushed over to my buddy, taking his hand in mine. The tip of our noses were really dangerously close, as he attempted to gain his balance. Bromance at its finest.

"Are we about to kiss-"

"I hope you slip and drown in the ocean."

I flashed him a smile.

"Love you too, sweetheart!" And with a yank on my part, Pope came tumbling down on top of me. He quickly stumbled to his feet, pushing off of my chest, and he started to wipe at his shirt.

"Sheesh," Pope exhaled, putting his hands on his hips. "I should be getting back. I'll see you guys later," Ki strode over and pulled Pope into a quick hug, in which he looked slightly uncomfortable. Awkward.

"I'll be seeing you, baby!" I cupped my hands around my mouth, screaming. I couldn't help the laugh that escaped my stomach.

"Thanks for the kind words, ladies."

"Hey! I'm not-"

"Lady Maybank!"

"I swear to god, man! I'll kill-"

A hand on my shoulder.

Ki.

"You're still staying at John b's, right?"

I nodded quickly, squeezing my eyes shut for a moment.

"Yeah."

I opened my eyes, and I could see her nodding back at the corner of my eye.

"Have...how long has it been since you've gone home?" She spoke softly, trying not to pry. But it was hard. She already had.

The words were shaky coming out.

"I-It's been about two weeks since. I've been back. Since I've seen him, at least..." I started trailing off. Whatever.

I watched as she bit her lip nervously. She wouldn't look at me.