Falling

(JJ)

Once I'm out of the sadness funk,

That's when the anger seeps out.

"You!" I yell between punches. "Ever! Come near Kiara again!" My fists continues to make contact with Rafe's face. He looks like he's on the verge of death. Disregarding the bullet wound on his ankle. His face is bloody and his hair is messed up.

I grab the collar of his shirt and get right up in his face. His eyes don't look fearful; but even more evil then before. "I will not hesitate to kill you."

I drop him to the ground with a thud, and he passes out.

"JJ! No time for that! Get back in the fucking car!!"

It's getting hard to breathe. Regret courses throughout my body. I feel it and it burns. Or it might be the open skin from my knuckles.

I feel like an animal.

So I run back to the car, leaving Rafe on the beach.

I think my heart beats so fast, it skips a beat. Maybe once or twice. My breathing hurts. I have to place a hand to my chest to prevent myself from falling apart completely.

"Dude, if we don't get her to a hospital, she's going to die. She's going to die, she's going to-" Pope starts panicking, pacing back and forth. I stop him and grab his shoulders firmly, and look straight into his eyes.

"Y'know what we're going to do?" I start. Pope's eyes are filled with fear and worry. "We're going to make sure that doesn't happen."

Pope nods, and slips in the drivers seat of his Dad's car.

I settle in the back with Kiara, adjusting her head so it's in my lap. I don't even have time to consider the fact that her mouth is close to my d!ck. She's dying. Kiara's dying.

Her eyes flutter open for a minute, off and on.

"J-" she starts, but I shush her.

"You speak, you're going to lose more consciousness. I'm going to apply pressure to your wound, okay? You're going to be fine. You will be fine." I let out a shaky breath. I firmly press my hand on her waist, preventing blood from seeping out.

"You have to be."

-

(Kiara)

I feel groggy and flushed. The side of my hip aches and feels horrible.

I don't remember most of what happened; except running, being shot, and Rafe and JJ at each other's throats.

I sit up, placing my hands on the softness beneath me to prop me up.

I guess I'm on some sort of bed or mattress.

I look around, and I see nothing but pure darkness. And I have a gut feeling that JJ and Pope are nowhere in sight.

It comes out of nowhere, but I start to weep quietly. I feel my face heat up. And soon I'm sobbing alone, in complete darkness. When did shit hit the fan so fast? Why did things get so complicated?