The Journal

"Hiccup?" Astrid called out, hoping Hiccup was in the forge. No response. She walked into his workshop area in the forge and looked around.

Astrid wanted to talk to someone, she wasn't planning on blabbing about setting a literal Night Fury free but she wanted to talk to someone at least and the most comforting person she knew was Hiccup.

Astrid sighed, she couldn't find him anywhere, he wasn't at his house, the mead hall, or the forge. This was the second time she was checking the forge. Astrid turned to leave but accidentally hit Hiccup's desk causing his journal which was precariously balanced on the corner to fall off.

She bent down to pick it up and gasped when she saw what was in it. The pages that it had fallen open to were covered in doodles of a very familiar dragon. The Night Fury. It even had some notes underneath the drawing such as 'favorite fish- halibut' and 'acts like a giant cat'.

Astrid flipped a few more pages and saw even more doodles and notes about the Night Fury. How had Hiccup gotten so close to this dragon without getting eaten?! It was Hiccup's handwriting and drawings. But then she read something that caused her heart to race.

'He loves scratches behind the ears and under the chin'

Hiccup didn't just find a Night Fury. He befriended one!

Astrid wanted to be furious with Hiccup for making peace with a dragon but she just couldn't, not when she had just released a dragon because she saw emotion in it. She didn't know what to think now.

Astrid turned a few more pages and looked at all the Night Fury drawings Hiccup had done, she then turned to a page and she gasped. This picture was one of her, she was sitting on one of the tables in the forge, her axe held loosely in her hand and she was looking out. Astrid blushed a little.

Then she realized something. She left her axe back in the forest!

It was beginning to go dark so she'd have to wait in the morning, which also increased the chances of the dragon being long gone so she could live with that. Astrid looked at the journal once more, closed it, and placed it gently on the table.

She didn't know what she'd say to Hiccup the next time she saw him but she knew she'd be saying something.