Explination

Astrid was pacing her room anxiously. She knew what was happening tomorrow and she knew she wouldn't be able to do it. She couldn't kill an innocent dragon. How was she going to get out of this? What was Hiccup going to say when he found out?

"Astrid what in Thor's name?" Hiccup called out from her window. Astrid turned around to see Hiccup angrily perched on her window sill.

"Hiccup listen I can explain!"

And so she did. She explained how as she grew to learn more and more about dragons she started using the techniques in class so she wouldn't hurt them. It also caused her to progress in dragon training and in the long run earned her the title of killing the Monsterous Nightmare.

"I don't know what to do Hiccup! You know I wouldn't kill a dragon!" Astrid yelled. Hiccup nodded to himself.

"I know you wouldn't Astrid," Hiccup said softly. Astrid then had an idea.

"Hiccup what if I befriended the dragon in front of everyone! Then people could realize that dragons are good instead of evil!" Astrid exclaimed. Hiccup raised an eyebrow.

"You could befriend the dragon. But do you really think that the village will react well?" Hiccup asked. Astrid shook her head.

"No. But that doesn't mean we shouldn't say anything. This is the only way. I'm not killing the dragon and I'm tired of pretending they're monsters," Astrid sighed. Hiccup stood up from where he was sitting and grabbed her wrist.

"Look, I'm not going to pretend I'm not terrified for what could happen but I agree with you. So I'll be there. I promise," Hiccup said softly. Astrid smiled and briefly hugged him.

"We'll face this together?" Astrid asked and Hiccup nodded.