Betrayal

"Finally, I was beginning to think you'd never show," The queen hummed. Hiccup said nothing. He wasn't supposed to. "I'm sure you know who I am," The queen continued. Hiccup nodded.

"You are the queen," Hiccup said.

"And you are exactly the dragon I want. I've heard tales about you. A human that can become a dragon. That's never happened before. I didn't believe those tales until a little NIght Fury who escaped from me with a missing tail fin returned almost as good as new. He of course didn't come here by choice but after a bit of persuasion, he told me how he was able to achieve flight again. A human who had the ability to become a dragon. I thought to myself, wouldn't that be something useful to have as a slave. When the moment struck I took it. I made sure you wouldn't be able to transform into a human using mental blockers and then each raid, I broke down your resistance, and now, you've finally appeared at my mercy," The queen laughed. Hiccup's face remained passive. Unchanged. "You'll be the perfect worker, think of all the possibilities with a human turning against one of their own."

"I am at your service my queen," Hiccup said.

____________________________________

Astrid blinked back the tears in her eyes that the smoke has caused. This dragon raid had really taken the cake. The dragons had really aimed more towards destruction more than anything else.

"Fishlegs grab another water bucket!" Astrid yelled. Stoick in his lion form jumped over her and tackled a dragon that was creeping up behind her. Astrid turned and ran away from the lion and dragon fight.

"Snotlout stop trying to fight the dragons and focus on the houses!" Astrid yelled, smacking Snotlout on the back of his head.

A high-pitched screech sounded from the sky. Night Fury. Berk hadn't heard that sound in months. Astrid's mind wondered. Did Hiccup ever encounter another Night Fury? She'd have to ask him the next time she saw him.

Astrid had been talking to the dragons in the kill arena about the queen. Any known weaknesses and her strengths. The only time she could talk to the dragons was at night and she had dragon-killing school in the morning leaving hardly any time to see Hiccup.

If Hiccup knew what she was doing she hoped that he would understand.

The night fury shriek grew louder. It was close to her.

Suddenly the house closest to her exploded in an angry purple and she was sent to her back on the hard ground due to the shock wave. A plasma blast. Astrid looked up and she gasped in shock.

The Night Fury was perching on one of the remaining broken rafters in the house they just exploded. They were staring at her. No. Hiccup was staring at her. Hiccup just plasma blasted a house.

Something wasn't right.

Looking closer at Hiccup she noticed his pupils slit instead of his normal dilated ones. They also held no recognition towards her. His eyes held malice and intent to do harm.

"H-Hiccup?" Astrid asked shakily, fearing the worst.

Hiccup narrowed his eyes and growled lowly before taking to the skies. Astrid couldn't believe it. Another plasma blast hit a tower.

The queen had taken control of Hiccup.

Guilt weld up inside of her. She should have been there for him. She shouldn't have ignored him. She could have prevented this.

The raid was brutal. Houses destroyed and lives were taken. Even Stoick couldn't get away from the fight without a few injuries.

To the village's absolute shock a good chunk of their food supply in the storehouses was gone. Those near the storehouse during the raid said they saw a humanoid figure going into the houses with the dragons and taking the food.

Astrid had a feeling she knew who it was.