Reunion

Astrid looked down at her clawed paws, they were pearly white. What was happening? Was this her spirit form?! What was she?

Astrid saw a small area of water nearby and she stumbled on all fours towards it. When she looked at her reflection she gasped and her eyes widened.

She looked like Dragon!

She was a dragon! Part of her felt dread and fear at having a dragon form, the Vikings could never find out about this! But another part of her felt excitement, think of all the cool things she could do as a dragon! She'd be the ultimate warrior!

Upon closer examination, she had very similar appearances to Dragon who she knew was a Night Fury but there were stark differences between them. For starters instead of being pitch black, she was a pearl white.

Light Fury her mind supplied.

She had to find Dragon! Astrid thought. Astrid began running in the direction of the cove, when she got to the edge of the cove she could see Dragon hanging off a tree like a bat.

She decided to try her wings and clumsily gilded down to the cove floor. She stumbled over to Dragon who was sleeping peacefully.

"Dragon!" She yelled. Dragon unwrapped his wings with wide eyes.

"What, what?!" Dragon asked frantically. Astrid was shocked, she could talk to dragons as well?!

"You can talk?!" Astrid exclaimed. Dragon's eyes landed on her blue ones. He let out a startled yelp at the sight of another dragon and fell off his tree to the forest floor. Dragon stood up and took on a defensive stance, glaring untrustingly at her.

"Who are you?" Dragon asked strongly. Astrid was momentarily confused, why did she recognize Dragon's voice so much?

"What you don't recognize me?" Astrid asked. Dragon did something very similar to raising an eyebrow. Astrid sighed. "It's me Dragon. It's Astrid," She said.

Dragon stared at her for a few seconds longer, then his eyes widened.

"Astrid? But, but how is this possible?" Dragon asked in shock, looking her up and down.

"Well Vikings get a spirit form sometime during their teenage years and mine is this," Astrid responded, looking down at herself. Dragon blinked at her, still in shock.

"And you're, okay with being a dragon?" Dragon asked.

"Well, I don't know what I'm going to do long term, I can only hide this for so long but I think being a dragon is pretty cool! I mean, I finally get to talk to you," Astrid said. Dragon seemed to shyly look away at that.

"I just didn't think it would be possible for another Viking to be a dragon," Dragon said, not paying attention to what he was saying. Astrid froze at that.

"Wait, there's another Viking who has a dragon form?" Astrid asked. Dragon froze.

"What? No!" Dragon lied. Astrid glared at him.

"You're a bad liar," She said. Dragon glared back.

"It doesn't matter. So there was a human with a dragon form but they're gone now. No more human," Dragon barked. Astrid's eyes widened marginally.

"What happened?" She asked. Dragon looked away, looking defeated.

"I don't know," he responded softly. Astrid realized there was more to the story than she thought.

"Who was it?" Astrid asked cautiously. Dragon seemed to stutter for a moment.

"Astrid why does this matter? They're gone and probably not coming back," Dragon said, aggravated. Then, Astrid came to a realization.