Reunited

Hiccup slowly walked into the forge. Gobber had his back turned to him so he was unaware Hiccup was there.

"Gobber!" Hiccup exclaimed. Gobber turned around as fast as lightning and wasted no time before picking up and spinning Hiccup around.

"Hiccup! Thank Thor you're alive!" Gobber exclaimed happily.

"I'm happy I'm alive too but could you stop spinning me before I puke?" Hiccup laughed. Gobber smiled and gently placed Hiccup back on the ground.

"What happened to ye?" Gobber asked. Hiccup shrugged.

"I guess I didn't know the woods as well as I thought?" Hiccup said even though it sounded more like a question. Gobber blinked in surprise.

"You were lost in the woods for a month?" Gobber exclaimed. Hiccup nodded. "Hiccup that's a new low for ye," Gobber laughed. "Well, I'm just glad yer okay!"

Hiccup sighed in relief, glad that Gobber had accepted the lie.

"Me too," Hiccup nodded. Gobber smiled warmly and patted Hiccup on the back.

"It's a good thing you're back! Tomorrow you get to see Astrid take down the Monsterous Nightmare!" Gobber cheered happily. Hiccup froze and his blood went cold.

"W-what?" Hiccup stuttered softly.

"Yeah! Astrid really excelled in class and she won the honor of killing the beast," Gobber relayed. Hiccup blinked a few times and put on his best happy expression.

"Wow that's- that- that's awesome. So awesome I should go congratulate her myself! Good seeing you again Gobber!"