Familiar Faces?

There was only one way she could save Hiccup for good. She needed to kill the queen.

"Ha! Easier said than done, Astrid!" Stormfly exclaimed from her cage. Astrid sighed audibly and crossed her arms. After Astrid had finally been able to come to the dragon arena alone she began consoling with Stormfly the Deadly Nadder she befriended. There were other dragons in the arena but she wasn't as close to them.

"You don't get it! You should have seen Hiccup, he didn't even recognize who I was!" Astrid responded.

"The queen's mind control blocks out all moral holdbacks. If a dragon was in danger of getting caught normally another dragon would try and rescue them, which means that the dragon who is rescuing them isn't doing what the queen wants. That's why, under the queen's control we don't remember anyone," Stormfly said.

"That's terrible," Astrid whispered. Stormfly sighed.

"Listen, Astrid, I know you want your friend back. But the queen is pretty much invulnerable. I don't think we're going to kill the queen as soon as you want, if at all," Stormfly spoke. Astrid clenched her fists.

"No! There has to be a way!" Astrid yelled. Stormfly remained silent. Astrid collapsed on the ground and hugged herself.

She couldn't give up. Not when Hiccup needed her. She had to save Hiccup.

But what if she couldn't?

_____________________________

Hiccup slowly walked around the perimeter of the inside of the volcano. Dragon's were celebrating at the sight of all the food that the dragons had taken from Berk. Hiccup didn't care. He only cared that the queen was happy. No one else mattered.

Hiccup walked past another Night Fury. The Night Fury did not acknowledge him. This dragon was a loyal servant to the queen.

Hiccup felt something stir in his gut at the sight of this dragon but he quickly brushed it off.

Dragons barely acknowledged Hiccup, they were just excited that they got to live another day.

Hiccup's mind went back to the raid and he recounted every detail. It was a pretty good success but his mind kept going back to the blue-eyed human he had seen. Why did she know his name? Was he supposed to know her?

Hiccup shook his head. He didn't know anyone. He definitely didn't know a human.

Hiccup watched as a Terrible Terror tried to steal a fish from the other Night Fury. The Night Fury yanked the fish back and the Terrible Terror prepared to fire blast the Fury, the Fury was quicker and weakly plasma blasted into the Terror's mouth causing the Terror to crumple to the ground. Still alive.

Not so fireproof on the inside. Interesting.

The queen's hum pulled him from his thoughts. She was calling for more food. But didn't they just bring back a whole load?

Whatever the queen wished he would deliver. He and a handful of other dragons set out towards an island humans call Beserker Island. They wouldn't know what hit them.