one

┍━━━━━━━★━━━━━━━┑
one: ending in 'y'
┕━━━━━━━★━━━━━━━┙

     "Oh! See you later on today?" Ricky asked Juliette upon arriving to the school, eager to enter the warm building to escape the low temperature of the street. Their hands were cold as ice cubes but neither of them cared and they still held on to each other, mist coming out of their mouths whenever they opened them to speak.

     "Wait, what's today?" the girl asked, confused.

     "Well, it is a day ending in the letter 'y' so I just kinda hoped we'd be hanging out?" neither of them could help it but smile stupidly to the other. Their relationship could not go any better, they were absolutely smitten with each other and everyone knew it.

     Even if they had only been together for some months, the teenagers felt they had known each other all their lives and they were as happy as can be. Hand in hand, they walked into the building, ready for their classes.

     "Okay, I'm going to find the girls, see you later?" Juliette asked, giving her boyfriend a quick kiss on the lips. However, Ricky had other plans: he took her hand and, placing her against his locker, they engaged in a deeper and slower kiss. 

     "Can you stop sucking faces in front of my locker?" Big Red interrupted them, smiling. Since they started officially dating, he had been cheering for the couple every time he could. Both redheads had grown closer and they had even spent some nights in their basement playing videogames together.

     "Look who's talking, lover boy," Juliette teased him, breaking the kiss but not letting go of Ricky's hand, "how is everything with you and Ashlyn?"

     "Things are... going," the redhead boy smiled, sadly. Apparently, after kissing after the big night, they were still unsure of what they actually were and neither of them dared to take the big step.

     "Hey, it'll come around, okay? Give it time, let it flow," the girl smiled, putting a hand on his shoulder and earning another smile in return. After another kiss from Ricky, she was able to direct herself to her locker and reunite with the girls.

     "At last! We've been waiting for ten minutes!" Nini exclaimed as the redhead took her beanie off.

     "Sorry, I... got distracted," she excused herself, taking her books from her locker in a rush, not wanting to arrive late to her History class. If she was late once again because of Ricky, Mrs. Jonah would kill her.

     "If distracted means that you were too occupied making out, we've been knew, girl," Kourtney smiled.

     "Yeah, you're too distracted lately," Alex murmured, making Juliette's smile fall, "I was joking," she tried to excuse herself, but the shortest girl could not help but wonder whether that was true or not.

     "Anyway, um... any plans on winter break?" Nini interrupted. The tension there could be cut with a knife.

     "Not much, really," Juliette tried to smile again, "I guess I'll stay home, hang out with you girls and my family and..." she hesitated. After Alex's comment, she did not want to mention Ricky until making sure it was okay for her to do so.

     "Do you have everything packed yet?" Alex asked Nini, quickly changing topics. After her performance as Gabriella in High School Musical: the musical, she had got a scolarship for the Youth Actors' Conservatory in Denver and she was leaving in less than two weeks, in New Year's Eve. They could not be happier for the girl, who was about to see her dreams come true. However, they had also made sure that they would facetime every single day to update each other on everything. 

     "I have. But I'm going to miss you so much, girls, it's stupid," she declared, hugging all of them. In the middle of the embrace, the bell rang and they all took that as their cue to leave and get their education.

⊱ ────── {.⋅ ♫ ⋅.} ───── ⊰

     "Holding your hand when it gets cold, promise me you'll never let go, it's winter break but we'll never break apart," Ricky and Juliette sang softly while the boy twirled the girl and Miss Jenn walked in front of them, pointing her phone at them, "a season of celebrating, the memories we'll be making, making a change, make a new start..."

     "I'm gonna make my mark," Gina walked in between the couple and the dance started. Suddenly, the hallways of East High were full of teenagers being recorded and dancing to a song they had composed. It was the inauguration of the East High's Drama Department's Instagram and they needed to go big.

     After High School Musical: The Musical's success, they had expectatives to fulfill and they were more ready than ever to put on yet another amazing performance.

     "We are excited to announce that behind these doors, the theater is being restored to its full, resplendent 1960s-era glory over the holiday break," Carlos explained to the camera before Ricky took it and they all started jumping and singing behind him.

     The song had already ended when Mr. Mazzara got out of her beloved classroom, "Hey! School let out an hour ago. Get outta here and enjoy the vacation."

     "Happy holidays, Mr. Scrooge," Miss Jenn teased him. Both teachers had grown somewhat closer since last year's events and Mr. Mazzara was kinder than ever, which pleased everyone. He had become kind of their accomplice and he even attended certain rehearsals for that precise song they were singing at that very moment.

     "New Year's Eve party at Ashlyn's!" Carlos announced. It had become a tradition for them to party at Ashyn's every time something big happened and the fact that her parents were not around that much only made it easier, "everyone's invited!"

     "Gina and I are co-hosting!" she announced, making everyone cheer louder. Much had changed since the fall musical and now Gina was living with Ashlyn, whose parents had accepted for her to stay until she finished the year.

     "You guys," Miss Jenn interrupted, "I don't think I was recording the song. Go back to places?" everyone groaned, "What!? I thought I pressed it!"

lxngbottom speaks

first chapter!!

tell me, did you like it?
feel free to make suggestions as
to what you would like to see
in this second season!

love, xx