six

┍━━━━━━━★━━━━━━━┑
six: here we go again
┕━━━━━━━★━━━━━━━┙

tw! criticizing body appearance.
If this disturbs you in any way, please leave the story.
Your mental health is much more important than this!

     The two redheads were already at the auditorium, with their music sheets on their hands and already wrinkled from their anxious grip. Both of them were as nervous as could be, but at least they had each other for comfort. The rest of the drama club was there as well, encouraging everyone; even some members of the art club had turned up to cheer at their friends. Juliette could not help it but to notice that the blonde girl from the cafeteria was there as well, as she had said. Her presence alone made her uneasy.

     Miss Jenn arrived and, from her seat, announced the beginning of the spring musical's auditions. They were supposed to deliver a few lines and sing 32 bars from Belle, the opening song of the classic Disney film, to finish all together. Suddenly, everyone's breath grew heavier, under the realization that they were actually doing that.

     "Eat your heart out, North High!" Carlos spoke to the phone, taking a  selfie and prompting everyone to appear behind him and Seb, as a way to relieve the obvious tension.

     Juliette's phone then dinged, signalling that she had received a message. It was Nini, asking to FaceTime for just seconds before the audition began.

     "Juliette! Guys, good luck at the auditions, I know you are going to rock this," she smiled at the camera, looking at the small screen in which Juliette and Big Red appeared.

     "Nini! Oh my God, I miss you so much. How's everything at YAC?", both girls immediately smiled at the sight of one another.

     "Oh, it's great. Do you remember Emily Pratt? The girl that got sick at theater camp because E.J. gave her a bad deviled egg so I could be the lead? She's my roommate!"

     "What are the odds?" Big Red laughed.

     "I know, right? But it's great, we've been bonding. I can't believe I'm missing this year's musical. God, Beauty and the Beast... Hey, where is Ricky?"

     "Um... he has decided not to audition this year..."

     "Why? Is something wrong?" she asked, truly concerned, "Oh! I have to go," she announced, "Kourtney is calling me on the other line. She's probably about to bail so I might as well encourage her to step in the auditorium. Love you so much, guys! Call me as soon as you know the cast list! And I'll FaceTime you tonigh, Juliette, so you can tell me about Ricky."

     "Love you, Nini! Talk to you later," and with that, the image of the girl disappeared from the screen, leaving only Juliette's nervous face reflecting on it. 

     "Okay, circle up! Take you neighbour's hand!" Miss Jenn ordered, just as she had done just some months before, "for a moment of silent reflection."

     And sending them back, she started singing a fragment of the famous song 'Beauty and the Beast' in a high pitched. They could not help but smile, remembering the time they were at the bomb shelter and they heard Miss Jenn singing for the first time, all sat in a circle and with half of the cast fighting in one way or another. 

     Besides Juliette, E.J. squeezed her hand, making the girl look up at him. He sent her a reassuring smile, knowing how nervous the girl was, "you'll do amazing," he whispered, "I believe in you." And that statement alone could get Juliette through nine auditions in a row.