eighteen

┍━━━━━━━★━━━━━━━┑
eighteen: viral
┕━━━━━━━★━━━━━━━┙

     The next morning, Juliette woke up to a phone full of notifications and missed calls. She quickly recalled the previous day, trying to remember if she had done something she should be sorry or embarrased about but, as she found nothing, she opened her messages directly, her hands trembling lightly.

     Everybody was congratulating her for her new song with Nini, which made Juliette contort her face in confusion. It was on Carlos's texts that she found the answer: he had been in the auditorium while she and Nini sang and, trying to intimidate North High and show them East High's talent, she had recorded them and posted both songs on the drama club's Instagram. As it turns out, they had become viral overnight.

     Juliette could not believe her eyes and she surely did not know how to reac, so she decided to call Nini, who would surely have a good answer. It took some time for the girl to pick up but, when she did, Juliette had to put the phone away from her ear. 

     "Good morning, Juliette! Did you see the posts? Girl, we are viral!" she greeted her, clear excitement on her voice.

     "Yeah I saw them. Aren't you feeling... I don't know, overwhelmed?" the redhead asked, putting her phone on speaker and beginning to get ready for school. "'Cause I surely wasn't expectingto wake up to a hundred new followers."

     "Well, it is a bit overwhelming but feels nice, doesn't it?" she could hear her smiling on the other side of the line, "I mean, people loved our work! They want more!"

     Juliette could not dare to burst the girl's bubble of happiness, reminding them that this would only be another step into the North High drama, so she just went along with it. Nini was so happy about people truly hearing and appreciated them that she neded up passing her excitement on to Juliette, who could not stop smiling as she got dressed. Once she had her full outfit on and her hair looked decent, she told Nini that she would see her at school and walked downstairs.

     "My sweet angel, I didn't know you could write songs now!" her mother kissed her temple as soon as she stepped into the kitchen. The room smelled of coffee and burnt toast, probably Ava's doing, and Juliette smiled at the familiar scent. 

     "Yeah, Juliette, you went viral," Lisa smiled, taking a bite of her toast, "don't forget about me and about how much I love Zendaya when you become famous, okay?"

     "Okay, stop it. It was just a song, it is not like it will appear on James Corden's show or something," she laughed, sitting at the table and taking a sip of her chocolate milk. As she was gulping, the door bell rang and Lisa and Ava, who had finished having breakfast already, got up of their chairs and opened the door, only to receive Ricky with a huge smile and excited greeting.

     "If you are here to see the new superstar, I hope you have an appointment, my man," Lisa joked, letting Ricky enter. 

     The curly-haired boy approached Juliette from behind, leaving a soft kiss on her cheek and whispering his congratulations about the new song. Juliette turned around to look directly at the brown eyes of the boy she so much liked and gave him a sincere smile. 

     "It is truly not big deal, just something Nini and I came up with," she shrugged the topic off. "Carlos just decided to post it. Are you hungry?"

     "I've just had breakfast."

     "You sure? My mom made cookies," she looking at him knowingly, handing him two cookies as soon as she saw a smile break in Ricky's face.