epilogue

Juliette sat on her bed, the stars already on the sky and all the street lights on. It had been a while since they had returned from Slices and she was just now accepting the fact that she was alone in her room, with no lines to go over and no dance to rehearse. Everything was over. She had lived this before, obviously, but things were strikingly different now.

     She threw herself on her bed, looking at the ceiling. She could not even rejoice or feel sad about their Menkies score because they had decided not to open the envelope. Even after all the hard work they had put in that semester. There was nothing to do. And she could not sleep. Her whole family had been asleep for hours and she could not close her eyes.

     E.J. was, finally, on his date with Gina, who did like him after all. Big Red and Ahslyn had stayed at the restaurant for some more time while Carlos and Seb left for the former's house. Nini had some things to take care of with her family and Ricky was, most likely, with that blonde girl she had seen him talk to. The one that had made her doubt herself so much that year.

     Juliette turned her head to one side, now looking at her bedside table. She was usually a very clean person, except for her drawings, who used to be scattered all around her room. However, she had not put away that well-loved black composition notebook that so out of place looked in her white room. She took it and began flipping the pages, smiling at all the memories that they held: bored scribbles, unfinished sketches, journey entries, failed songs, her friends' signatures... and one poem. She remembered the exact moment in which she had written it, shortly after Ricky had left her in her treehouse, the one that she had not been able to visit again. It was the only thing she had ever written that she was very proud of, because it perfectly captured what she felt at the moment.

The next second, you were gone
And you left me there crying, wondering what I did wrong
And you always say I'm never satisfied
But I don't think that's true
'Cause all I ever wanted was to be enough for you
Yeah all I ever wanted was to be enough for you
But maybe I'm not as interesting as the girls you had before

     She flipped her favourite pen on her hand, tears threatening to fall from her eyes. How much can things change in the span of some months. She felt like a completely different person from the one she had been the day she had heard Nini and Ricky arguing in front of the lockers. Maybe Alex was right and maybe she had changed after all, although she didn't know whether it had been for the best or the worst. The only thing that she knew is that, whatever the case, that was her now and she had to learn to live with herself. For the first time in her life, she was unsure as to what to do now. The Summer was now approaching and she had absolutely no plans. God, how brutal life is.

lxngbottom speaks!

that's it!

this is the end of ON STAGE

i hope the end does justice to the rest of the story because i've rewritten it a thousand times.the fact of not knowing what the next seasonmay bring made this very difficult buti think i really do like this ending.

thank all of you for all the support you
have given this story. reading your comments,
thoughts and reactions to everything that
happened really made my day every single time

see you next season because Juliette's and Ricky's
story does not end here!

🎉 You've finished reading 𝐎𝐍 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐆𝐄 - 𝐡𝐬𝐦𝐭𝐦𝐭𝐬 (𝐢𝐢) | ✔ 🎉