fifteen

┍━━━━━━━★━━━━━━━┑
fifteen: disney princess
┕━━━━━━━★━━━━━━━┙

     Juliette could not believe her eyes as Ricky played, for what seemed like the hundreth time, North High's Instagram video. She hoped for it to be a hallucination due to how tired she was but she knew it was not. The blonde girl she so perfectly recognized and hated with a burning passion looked like a literal Disney princess. Their Disney princess.

      "I can't believe they did that, I swear if I see that girl one more time..." Juliette mumbled angrily, as Ricky covered her mouth before she let out a series of improper words, not suitable for young ears.

     "She isn't just co-directing their show, she's starring in it," Seb continued. All of them felt uneasy about this highschool war that seemed to have started without them intending. And, from what could be seen in the video, they had no chance of winning against such a Brodway-level production. 

     The bomb shelted was a mixture of anger, anxiety and confusion, specially coming from Ashlyn, who was suddenly against what she called "perfect-pitch, looks-like-an-actual-Disney-princess, super-fangirl/mean-girl Lily".

     "Come on Ash, they may have a beautiful dress and an actual French creepy Lumière but they don't have your talent," Nini tried to calm her, the video playing itself once again on the background, "you are the girl who wrote and delivered an amazing performance of Wondering. And no money can change that."

     "Thank you all for coming so quickly on a Saturday," Miss Jenn walked into the rehearsal room, followed by Carlos, both of their hands full with holahoops and other weird objects, "or most of you all. We're missing a teapot and a village idiot."

      "I think Kourtney and Big Red are at the pizza place," Ricky explained to their teacher.

     "Yeah, Kourtney texted in the group. They said they couldn't get anyone to cover their shifts." Seb clarified, making everyone turn to look at him, with wide-open eyes "Oh." He muttered as soon as he realized what he had just done. 

     They had created a separate groupchat, this one without Ms Jenn in it, in which they could be more... child-like. Of course, their teacher was not aware of this and, even if Seb tried to fix it saying that only him and E.J. were in it, it was not a big help.

     "Anyway, back to the matter at hand," the woman stepped in front of them, "I can tell from your solemn faces you've all seen... the video."

     "It's incredible," Carlos regretfully admitted, "even I have no notes."

     "Well, if Carlos has no notes, that's it, we're done. We need to break Lily's legs or- or burn the highschool."

     "Juliette, the ray of sunshine, ladies and gentlemen," E.J. joked from his seat, making everyone laugh.

     "Sorry, I get cranky when I sleep less than eight hours. And I binged-watched Stranger Things last night," she lied, earning a knowing look from E.J.

     "Hey, we were watching that together," Ricky whispered besides her, although Juliette excused herself saying that she needed to know what happened, making Ricky shrink in his seat. She had not seen it, but she couldn't come up with anything else. He had noticed the matching set of undereye bags in Juliette's and E.J.'s faces and he could not stop thinking about it.

    The bomb shelter suddenly became a mess, everyone clamoring and talking above each other about what they could do against North High, until Miss Jenn made them shut up, announcing a weekend-long acting intensive. According to her, they needed to "go back to the basics", meaning connecting with the audience.