twenty-six

┍━━━━━━━★━━━━━━━┑
twenty-six: the confession
┕━━━━━━━★━━━━━━━┙

     Before getting together, Juliette went to her house to pick up whatever she felt was necessary for the task at hand. After saying goodbye to her parents and sisters and holding all kinds of fabric and art supplies in her hands, she walked all the way to Ashlyn's house, only to find Alex, Lydia and Sophia waiting by the door.

     Silence fell upon them as soon as they saw Juliette approach. The girls felt as if they were complete strangers and they didn't know how to act with each other. Alex's eyes, nevertheless, connected with Juliette's.

     "We heard that you needed help with the transformation," Sophia muttered, ashamed of having to confront Juliette. Ever since she told her that she had not expected Ricky to date someone like her, Juliette had unconsciously drifted apart from her, to the point that they had not talked in weeks.

     "Ashlyn told us, actually," Lydia clarified, "but we can... if you don't..."

     "The more the merrier," Juliette let an uncomfortable smile form in her face. "We need all the thinking minds possible."

     By the time the conversation had finished, Ashlyn opened the door and invited all of them to enter her house. The fresh smile that characterised the household hit Juliette's nose, making her smile at all the memories that it brought her. They walked into the living room, where everyone was already waiting: apparently, Kourtney had had a brilliant idea.

     All the girls plus Seb looked amazed at what Kourtney had just unveiled. One didn't see one hundred percent real faux fur everyday. With that, they were convinced they could win this small competition that had been established in the East High Drama Department.

     "Must've been a truly enormous faux animal," Ahslyn chuckled, making everyone laugh as well. 

     "So, what are we making?"

     "Okay, so, you know those sequined tops where, if you rub them one way, they're purple but, if you rub them the other way they're red?" Kourtney answered. Upon hearing everyone's positive responses, she continued, "we're going to do that with the Beast cape. But, instead of purple and red, it's going to be fur and satin."

     "Kourt, you are a visionary," Nini complimented her as the rest of the girls and Seb smiled from ear to ear. They were finally going to get the transformation right.

     "The boys can build something that spins the Beast around to disguise the transition," she concluded.

     Since that was going to take some time, they decided to turn the professional meeting into a full sleepover so, while Ashlyn texted Big Red to tell them their plans, Juliette and Gina went to get snacks.

     In not even an hour, Seb was standing in front of the mirror trying on half of a beast cap.

     "This is so good, Carlos would wear it," Kourtney grinned, making the rest of them chuckle.

     "Wait, doesn't he walk around in Armani sweatpants?"

     "I guess."

     "Seb, is everything good between you and Carlos?" Juliette asked softly, looking directly at the boy. Everything had fallen silent. 

     He turned around, letting everyone see how his characteristic smile had fallen from his face, "I guess you could say that the met a group of extremely photogenic guys when he was down in Mexico and he seemed pretty happy. So, now I'm pretty sad."