eleven

┍━━━━━━━★━━━━━━━┑
eleven: one more group hug
┕━━━━━━━★━━━━━━━┙

     "Okay, everyone, gather around," Miss Jenn called their attention as she entered the bomb shelter, ready for rehearsal. "We have got a two-hour window before the storm is expected to hit, and I intend to use every minute of it. Big, splashy group numbers always succeed at the Menkie Awards so we need to workshop a punchy, breathtaking number that will put us in the number one spot."

     She then gave way to Carlos, who stepped in front of the bleachers where everyone was sitting, "as our head choreographer, I am so happy to announce that today we will, at last, begin rehearsing one of the most showstopping, iconic and bar-raising numbers of the entire show."

     "Be our guest," Gina interrupted, getting all kinds of looks. An uncomfortable silence filled the room, which was finally ended by Miss Jenn.

     "Before we begin, I'm going to tell you a little story about hospitality. Once when I was a little girl," she began, not even paying attention at what Carlos wanted to say to her, "my mom and I heard a clatter coming from the kitchen. We thought it was a burglar so my mom ran over, hog-tied the man and promptly called the police."

     Such a statment earnt a gasp from Ashlyn, but that did not stop Miss Jenn's story either, "as we waited for the cops to come, I watched my mother place a bowl of iced tea next to his face. 'Because', she said, 'until the police come and get him, he's still our guest.'"

     "So, did he, like, get arrested or..." Kourtney voiced what everyone was thinking.

     "No. Turns out it wasn't a burglar at all. Just a repairman who entered the wrong unit," she admitted, "but the pint remains the same. Just like our intruder, we need to make Belle and our entire audience feel welcome. And with that, Carlos and Gina, take it away."

     "Thank you Miss Jenn, that... wasn't terrifying at all," Gina took center stage, making Ricky laugh at her statement. That earnt him a look from several of the people there but, before anyone could say anything, Gina continued.

     Both choreographers gave their ideas for the dance, which actually started a fight between them, right in front of everyone. Even if they tried to keep it civil, it was clear that they would start yelling at each other quite soon, so Miss Jenn broke the fight and ordered for E.J. and Big Red to rehearse their number.

     "Yo!" Ricky called Gina's attention, "I think the feather duster brigade sounded cool."

     "Really-really?"

     "Yeah," he affirmed, "what, do I need to send you a random box of chocolates to prove it?"

     Such a statement called, not only Juliette's attention but also Ashlyn's, who questioned about the "sick burn" Gina had mentioned. She, however, did not get an explanation other than that it was "nothing." She looked at Juliette, who was chewing the inside of her mouth and looking at her shoes as if they were the most fascinating thing in the room at that moment. 

     She was eager for the rehearsal to start so she could take her mind off of what had just happened but E.J. was, apparently, M.I.A. Anyway, the arrival of Nini to the bomb shelter had the same effect.

     "Nini!" Kourtney exclaimed, noticing the arrival of the girl before anyone else.

     "I don't want to interrupt. I just needed one more group hug," she smiled, opening her arms for everyone. All of them rushed towards the girl, taking turns to hug their beloved friends whom they had missed so much.

     She did not have much time to tell them about how YAC was going, since she had to catch the bus back to Denver before the storm hit. Miss Jenn offered to drive her to the station through the rough weather, leaving the cast to rehearse all by themselves, under the supervision of Mr. Mazzara.

⊱ ────── {.⋅ ♫ ⋅.} ───── ⊰

     "Gina and I agreed to join custody of you all," Carlos announced for the whole cast, minus E.J., who was still nowhere to be seen. Turns out they wanted to workshop their concepts separately and then take a vote but, before they could do anything, all the lights went out. Thunders started to be heard from the outside, startling Juliette, who jumped besides Ricky, making the boy chuckle.

     "Don't laugh at me, you idiot," she whispered to him, laughing as well.

     "Oh no, you guys," Seb announced, "I missed an alert from my Farmer's Alman-app. Salt Lake just got half a foot in half an hour."

     "My dad says the roads are completely closed," Ricky stated.

     "And what about Nini?" Juliette questioned before Carlos called all of them to the hallway, "oh, fuck me. I can't believe we just got locked inside the school."

     "Looks like every other club went home," Kourtney informed, taking a look around. 

     "I don't mind the idea of being stuck together at night," Big Red whispered to Ashlyn beside him, although loud enough for all of them to hear.

     "Oh my God," Ricky laughed, before Gina began instructing them on what to do next. She seemed experienced on the topic so no one questioned her and everyone parted ways, trying to fulfill their respective tasks.

     Ricky held Juliette's hand through the dark hallways, trying but without much effort to look for a flashlight. The girl was awfully quiet compared to how she was whenever she was with Ricky, which worried the boy.

      "Hey Jul, everything okay?" he broke the silence, making the girl look at him.

     "Yeah, why?"

     "I don't know you seem... out of it."

     "It's just... did you send chocolates to Gina on Valetine's Day?" she practically murmured, ashamed of herself for asking such a question. She trusted Ricky, she really did but the conversation she had heard before was still lingering on her ears. She felt ashamed just for asking such a question. She trusted her boyfriend, but she knew that she would not be able to sleep peacefully if she had that running through her mind.

    "Choco-? Oh my God Jul, baby no, of course not." The boy positioned himself in front of the redhead, cuppin her face and making her look at him, "I would never. At least not without telling you. Her mom send her a box of chocolates and since we had been talking about it before, she thought they were from me."

    The girl let out a relieved sigh, "I'm sorry for even asking that, it's just that..."

     "Hey, I get it. It's okay. Now, let's go looking for that flashback," he took her hand once again, "or maybe in a little while."

lxngbottom speaks!

hey! how are you today? 
i hope you are having an awesome day

how are you liking this story so far?
i've gotten this random wave of
inspiration i get every once in a while
(which casually coincides with the 
moment in which school gets harder)
and i have three more stories on my
drafts. would you like to know more about them?

anyhow, remember to vote and tell me
what you think will happen or whether
you'd change something in the story

thanks for reading! xx