fourteen

┍━━━━━━━★━━━━━━━┑
fourteen: one of the good guys
┕━━━━━━━★━━━━━━━┙

      Not even an hour later, they were all fully dressed-up at Seb's barn, which had been decorated for the occasion with the help of Juliette and the art club. He handed Miss Jenn the big drawing of Carlos that she had been asked to do and looked around the barn  to see if anyone needed help. Juliette, on her part, walked directly towards E.J., who was trying to figure out how the camera in his hands worked.

     "Hello handsome, you come here often?" she joked, startling him, "you look amazing, Eej."

     "And you look beautiful, Juliette." 

     "What are you doing, exactly?"

     "Oh, I'm trying to put this camera on focus. I am in charge of recording kind of a birthday tribute of tonight. But I need someone to do it," he explained, "can you sit there and maybe say something to Carlos?"

     "Oh, yeah, of course," she did as told, touching up her hair before sitting in the pile of hay prepared for the occasion. Once E.J. told her that everything was ready to record, he made her a sign and she started talking, "hey, Carlos. Um... well, your party has not begun yet, I am the lucky first person to talk to this camera tonight. I just wanted to tell you that you are an amazing person, one of the funniest guys I have ever met and the most incredible choreographer ever. I just hope you really like this party because you deserve it. And... yeah, that's it! Love you!"

     "Thanks so much, Jules. I am sure Carlos will smile big time at your little speech," the senior smiled back to her after stopping the camera. Both of them remained together for some time, chatting about whatever came to mind and eating some sweets from the bowls they had placed in each table, while everyone else was occupied with their own thing. 

⊱ ────── {.⋅ ♫ ⋅.} ───── ⊰

     Once everything was perfectly ready, Gina texted Seb to bring Carlos in. Juliette's plams were sweaty due to the excitement and Nini gave her a side hug to calm her down. They could hear their voices from the inside and, as soon as they were in front of the door, E.J. and Ricky opened it, revealing the couple.

     "Happy birthday, Carlos!" everyone exclaimed, with big smiles on their faces.

      "Wait, this can be happening," he smiled as well, "but I'm not wearing a party outfit."

     Everyone chuckled at the comment. Knowing Carlos very well, however, Seb had made sure to bring an appropriate outfit for his boyfriend, making the latino boy pout out of sheer happiness. He stepped in, hugging everyone on his way to his appointed seat. As soon as everyone was settled, Big Red pointed the light to the stage, where Ricky and Juliette appeared.

     "Hey everyone!" Juliette greeted, putting the mic up to her mouth, "I think you know which fabulous day it is!"

     "It's Carlos's quinceañero!" Ricky continued, making everyone cheer.

     "Carlos, before everything begins, we want to say how much we all love you. You literally light up a room as soon as you step in it and we hope this party makes you as happy as you make us."

     "Gina, get up here!" Ricky announced, leaving the stage to the girl. As she was going down the little stairs, Juliette turned around and sent a reassuring smile towards the afro-haired girl, silently wishing her good luck.

     The couple sat down along the rest of the crew, seeing Gina deliver an amazing performance of one of Carlos's old dance routines. The girl's talent literally brought tears to everyone's eyes, making Juliette hug Ricky tighter as she sobbed into a kleenex, trying, without much success, not to smudge her makeup.