sixteen

┍━━━━━━━★━━━━━━━┑
sixteen: just in character
┕━━━━━━━★━━━━━━━┙

     Even if both teenagers had planned to spend a cozy night, watching movies and playing games, Lisa and Ava had different plans. They bursted into their sister's room, panicking because Lisa had just received a date proposition via Instagram and they did not know what to do (of course, the first option according to Ava was to ask him whether he had a cute friend to go on double dates with). 

     "First of all, warn him that whatever he does, he may as well treat you as you deserve or else I will see myself forced to call E.J. and beat him up," Ricky warned her, obviously joking, "and his cute friend."

     Juliette looked at her boyfriend in complete awe, as if he had just witnessed an angel coming down from heaven. Suddenly, she felt bad about the conversation she had had with E.J. a couple of nights ago. How could she even think on leaving Ricky when he was just perfect? Her mind began to race with hundreds of thoughts, asking herself whether she was the one that had to fix something, and not the boy.

     "Jules?" Ava asked her, snapping her fingers in front of her face. "Ricky was asking when he asked you to facetime for the first time. You okay?"

     "I was just thinking on ways to kill that boy if he ever did somethng to you," she excused herself. "I think it was our second time talking via message actually. He had literally stormed off from the rehearsal room and when I asked him whether he was okay or not, he snapped at me."

     "Okay but I apologized later," the boy threw and apologetic smile towards her. "And then we spent the whole night messaging each other, right? I told I wanted to take you to dinner."

     "Which you have not done, Mr Bowen," Lisa noted. "Okay and then?"

     "She fell asleep and when I told Red about her sleeping cute, he went on and asked her whether we were having sex or not," Ricky remembered, laughing. Juliette, on her side, felt her cheeks warm up at the remembrance of said event. 

     "Well, are you?"

     "Oh my God girls, that's enough. Ricky and I need to sleep, we have acting intensive tomorrow." Juliette quickly dismissed the conversation, earning an amused look from Ricky and complaints from the two younger redheads. "You are too young to be thinking about that. Hell, I am too young to be thinking about that."

     "Whatever you do, Ricky, make sure to treat her right. You know we can beat you up in a fight," the girls concluded, leaving Juliette's room. The girl remained in her bed, biting her nails. It was not the first time someone had implied that, and she was unsure about whether she should be concerned about the topic.

     "Hey, baby," Ricky approached her, now with a serious look on his face. "Don't think about it, okay? We'll wait until you are ready. Let's sleep now, yeah?"

     Ricky kissed the girl's forehead and cuddled her in bed. He put a blanket over the both of them and, passing an arm around her waist, wished her goodnight and closed his eyes. On the other hand, Juliette took a long time to close hers, asking herself dozens of questios as a time. However, before she noticed, her alarm was telling them that they had to wake up and go to scdhool. Ricky, on his side, growled besides her and covered his ears with a pillow, asking for five more minutes in bed.

     "I see you have already starting getting into character, Mr Beast," she joked. Ricky, putting the pillow away and, glaring at her, simply flipped her off.

     Once they had had breakfast, while putting up with Juliette's father constantly joking about their baggy eyes, they dressed in the simplest clothes they had and directed themselves twards the school, walking like zombies.