Chapter 10

Upon arriving at Uley residents, Maya was rushed off to learn how to run patrol. Sam and Paul were quick to give her brief updates on what took place.

Paul: So that I ripped his fur and knocked him against a tree.

Sam: Don't be afraid to beat him down Maya. Jake isn't all that tough.

Paul: And Embry bit his ear. So just go crazy okay? 

Sam: You're his imprint, if you're forceful enough he'll really back down.

Maya: Guys, it's fine. I actually don't have any feelings for Jacob.

Sam: That's because you're still new to this. The imprint's pull is impossible to ignore.

Paul: But Sam, Maya didn't imprint on him. Jake did. Does that really means female wolves can't imprint?

Sam: Probably. Even the elders don't have much information on female wolves Maya. 

Maya barked out laughing.

Maya: See that basically means you guys have to watch and learn from us. Be nice to us females wolves.

Paul: Be nice to Leah... That  doesn't sound so nice.

Sam: But could you at least try to talk to Jake?

Maya: I will talk to him. We are packmates. No matter what I will talk to him. But I cannot forgive him unless he apologises sincerely. You must understand this Sam.

Paul: I agree.

Sam: Don't worry kid, I'm backing you up as well. We all know Jake screw up badly.

---

Maya sat on the sofa and ate some cup pudding that Emily gave her. Maya could feel the intense stare Jacob was giving her. And every time she turned to look at him, he would look away.  Once Maya was done eating she got up and went out to sit with Kim and Jared who were snuggled on the garden swing.

Maya sat on the stone steps, "Sorry for intruding guys. It felt uncomfortable inside with Jacob." 

Kim grinned, "No problem. I'm just getting tired of Jared for today." 

Jared rolled his eyes, "Hmph! Fine be that way! I'll hang out with myself! You girls can go gossip about my pretty eyes for all I care!"

Jared got up and started walking away dramatically. 

Kim, "Weirdo!" 

Maya laughed, "I don't gossip! Why would we gossip about your hazel coloured glistering eyes? Jeez." 

Jared swaying his hips, "I knew it! Y'all are so fake. Hmph! I'm out sistaz!"